• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Resources regarding genital mutilation and sexual torture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to do it out of shame either. I think so much of the despair that revolves around it is that if I ever meet a man that cares about me then at some point he'll want an explanation.
I don't date because I'm so afraid of falling in love with someone and then they see that and find out I was abused

I accidently hit the post button. I meant to say when they find out I was abused like that they'll be like "Oh hell no" which I totally get. No one should have to put up with anyone's issues. If I was ever looked at with disgust because of it. I would go right back there.
I'm obviously preaching to the choir because you had to go through these types of feelings to but you still went out there and dated. I got to get over myself regarding that. I'm missing out on relationships that actually might be good. I'm not going to tell you sorry for what happened because I don't think that does any good. Not at this point, right? The world is the world and no one owes us anything. I definitely have respect for you. We all have times where we feel sorry for ourselves but you seem to be past that enough to share this with me which I appreciate immensely.
People are so uncomfortable with this type of violence and just want to pretend it doesn't happen. It's been a long road not letting it all dehumanize me. As much as I hate saying it because this means you went through it too I'm glad you're out there. Other people with this type of issue would benefit just by hearing that you went out and even just dated anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum @frogthroat

You are not alone, there are several members here who've suffered Injury through abuse or screwed up surgery (imo, they're the identical same thing! A sense of professional entitlement or societal norm on the part of an abuser doesn't make it any less abuse. I had a big fight with my t over this, they come from a culture where genital mutilation is the societal norm ). There are varying degrees of disability, some people it's appearance, others have more or less functional impairment.

My own experience and that of others I've communicated with, has been that people who like us enough to get to meet those bits of us, will be appreciative and sympathetic.
If they're not, dump them! You were mistaken about the sort of person that they are, Don't hesitate, get rid. The same goes for anyone who criticises natural variety down there, or tells you to get surgery, Get rid!

I'd be very sceptical about any suggestions of surgery.

Surgery destroys nerves and sensitive structures and it creates inelastic scars.
Scars can be slowly and carefully stretched over long periods of time. There are no quick fixes.

Hope that this reassures you
@

Just to add,
Western medical people love surgery, it's their heritage from medieval guilds of barbers.
If you ask a barber / hairdresser whether you need a hair cut - you know already what the answer will be

Same thing with their richer off shoot "medicine". You'll be told that you need leeches, blood letting pills and potions, cutting with a knife. It's what they are and what they do, along with criticising and attacking any opinions that differ from theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
@frogthroat welcome.

A partner that'd treat you as anything lesser than, because of what was done to you, doesn't deserve you; and therapists & medical people not acknowledging your health concerns ain't doing their job very well IMO. That also isn't you being disgusting or an anomaly or the like.

Seconding that thought line of everyone looking different, even within healthy & non-injured people. Your body's yours and you whole are beautiful, what cruel assholes did to you doesn't diminish that.

Don't know of resources other than already posted, but I'll keep looking and having ya in mind.

ETA: Daughters Of Eve has some links for British population but I was wondering they might have information on US organizations & partnerships if poked in an email?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back