• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Self Care/Self Soothing Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking a lot about posting this thread the past few days. Just had to get my head together e...
I like to just step outside, close my eyes and breathe slow and deep 5-10 times. I remind myself I am alive and a survivor. There is a big plan for me. By being in the air-and sometimes the colder the better. This makes me feel alive and happier.

Bought some postcards with flower designs that I color. Want to get a pic frame this week so I can display the most recent one. Didn't realize they are soothing and relaxing until saw a friend doing one recently.

Finding free kindle books on Amazon.

Painting my nails.

I have a cotton throw that is soft and I rub that which is soothing.

Making pictures on Canva.

Journaling. The older I get, the more important this has become. So much I forget - even from just days ago. This helps recalling activities but also charts my ups and downs during healing.

Have a body brush for my skin. The exfoliating feels nurturing-that I am taking care of myself. This act oddly is the first one that has brought me joy. Weird but it reminds me that I am ok and worthy to be alive. Don't understand it but this is the best explanation I can provide...

For me just starting EMDR, bringing up repressed memories and the whole process it is imperative to use self soothing techniques, and self care. Thank you for some great ideas. But I still don't know what a trifle is?

I am super busy, and somehow got it in my head that relaxing is bad so this is definitely something that I need to work on. Since I don't have a lot of time I try to do things I can do quickly or while doing something else. I love candles. I found that aeroma therapy is super relaxing to me. Also I love listening to nature sounds. That may sound weird but I live in a condo so I miss the forest and I have a recording that really brings me back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back