• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Should I have immediately disliked this person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! I thought it was rude to dislike someone, lol.

At CasaFriday we define “rude” as attacking someone without touching them.

Whether that’s a look, a tone, words, or action/inaction... deliberate or accidental

(So sorry! Didn’t mean to be rude! = Wasn’t trying to attack you = similar to smashing someone in the face with your elbow at basketball on accident, or rounding a corner and knocking someone down. When done on accident? It’s an accident. >>> Whichnis why we pay attention to cultural rules, and round corners carefully ;) Accidents will still happen, but we try to minimize them, yeah?)

The FridayHouseRules for being rude? (IE What I teach my kids, and generally live by myself ;) ) Are the same for fighting.

When is it okay to attack someone?
- Defending yourself
- Defending someone else
- Learning to fight

So.... according to MY house rules? Disliking someone isn’t rude. Acting on that dislike may be rude, but that doesn’t mean it’s unwarranted. It’s a judgement call.

Sometimes I find some people online are triggered and rather than taking time off for selves, they try to find a host for their pain and parasitic character. Looks like she hooked on you for some reason. Shake it off this tick and move on to ignore her little jabs to annoy you or even get a rattle out of you so she can say, see I am not the problem! disliking a person who annoys is very much a needed human trait sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back