• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Shut Out Again... Worried My Husband is Avoiding Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very typical for someone with unmanaged PTSD to self-medicate with alcohol, drugs and so on. It is not wise to do so, however it is common. Hurting the ones you love the most is true in any illness, PTSD included, as those are the people you trust and feel most comfortable with. In general, even without an illness, people tend to take their frustrations out on those closest to them.

I suppose I should have said also in Jim's case, he did not have a girlfriend or mistress, he had been cheating on me with several prostitutes. He did not have an emotional attachment to any of the women he was sleeping with, so I believe that helped me to accept the situation more easily. If he had a mistress or was living with another woman unbeknownst to me I am uncertain how I would have felt.

It is far too soon for you to even consider a future with him, please don't try to think about it right now. Jim and I were separated for several months before I even considered taking him back. Right now you just need to take good care of yourself and your girls, feel angry and grieve for the situation as need be.

There are other things I'd like to ask but will wait until I get access into the private carers chat.

Seriously, I have just now added you to the private group. You should now see a new forum entitled "Carers Only". Feel free to post in there as much as you wish.

Thanks, Kathy. I will go there in just a few minutes to take a look around.

Today was a little better. A wonderful lawyer friend in a different city has offered to loan me the huge retainer fee for one of the best divorce attorneys in town. So that is a relief.

I am trying to prepare myself to move on. To get a job or two if needed which is really scary since my whole life has been at home with our daughters for the past 7+yrs. Of course there have been part time jobs but nothing that took me away from them. So here I go down that lonely road. I am strong though.:wink: I have overcome many things without having PTSD myself. I'm a little bit OCD-have to conrol that a good bit. But for the most part I'm a fighter just like my mom to the very end.

Wonderful about the retainer fee! That should put your mind at ease somewhat.

Yes, going back to work can be quite frightening, especially if it is not by choice. Hopefully though you will be able to make the transition slowly rather than quickly, start out with something part time and so on. Perhaps even a job share; I am uncertain of your skills. How old are your girls?

hi seriously,
I understand your anger. Whilst my ptsd partner has never cheated, a few others have, and you are gith, they deserve everything they get from that. I am upset that he did this not only to you but to your children as well. I personally think that your idea about supervised visits is a wise one to make. If I were in the same opinion, I am positive I would do the same thing.
regarding your comment about his trying to blame you- all you have to remember is that you have done nothing but support him and try to keep your family together; he is the one who needs to assess his life and I think some serious apologising is on order on his part, whether you are willing to accept that or not.

My thoughts are with you and your children
Tammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back