• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sleeping to avoid dealing with life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelongtrip

MyPTSD Pro
I was having a conversation with my friend and realized I do the same thing as her---sleeping to avoid dealing with anxiety, panic, depression, task that needs to be done etc. I feel like it's pretty common even in people without PTSD but was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on it? Like for example, right now I've been sleeping during my writing time because I'm avoiding finishing this book I'm writing. I'm so close to done but what comes next terrifies me, and I worry it'll be a stressor, so I just keep avoiding it by sleeping. I'm so close to done, like a few hours of writing. This morning I just laid in bed for two hours to avoid what I have to do.

Does anyone have some tips about not doing this? Idk if this goes under avoidance, sleep, or general, so if it needs to be moved all good!

I LOVE to sleep. Sometimes it's because I have worn myself out pushing thru things. Sometimes it's avoidance. When it's avoidance, I make myself do what I am avoiding before I sleep. Then I can sleep without guilt.

I was having a conversation with my friend and realized I do the same thing as her---sleeping to avoid dealing with anxiety, panic, depression, task that needs to be done etc. I feel like it's pretty common even in people without PTSD but was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on it? Like for example, right now I've been sleeping during my writing time because I'm avoiding finishing this book I'm writing. I'm so close to done but what comes next terrifies me, and I worry it'll be a stressor, so I just keep avoiding it by sleeping. I'm so close to done, like a few hours of writing. This morning I just laid in bed for two hours to avoid what I have to do.

Does anyone have some tips about not doing this? Idk if this goes under avoidance, sleep, or general, so if it needs to be moved all good!
Hi, over sleeping can be a sign of deppression. I over sleep quite a lot to avoid things. I quite often wake up with anxiety so end up napping during the day. It's great that your writing a book and maybe your a bit nervous about finishing it because your worried 'what comes next'. All the best to you.

Please do finish the book, it will be a blessing to you and others, keep on bit by bit, don't over think it or you will end up delaying it, just start, and before you know it you will be done. <3 YOu've got this! Keep it up, you are a writer, and will love finishing this book! =) btw: magnesium is great to calm nerves and B Complex is great for concentration and energy.

Thank you @KimmyO ! It's almost done!! And I have a second one thought out as well!! I love magnesium it helps with pain too, I'll have to try a b complex though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back