1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sufferers: do you sext?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Justmehere, May 28, 2018.

Those who have PTSD or cPTSD - do you sext?

1. No, just not into it

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. No, find it triggering

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. No, but my partner does

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, it’s too risky for my job, etc.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Yes, but in a limited fashion

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. Yes, but I don’t enjoy it. I do it for my partner.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Yes, and it’s great!

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Other (please explain below.)

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

Once I made the mistake of telling a partner about pictures existing. He just looked down on me (hahaha) and said “I don’t think of you any differently and won’t be upset if they get out”. Which really, was his way of putting shame on me in a passive aggressive sort of way. I don’t care that the pictures exist. I don’t even care if they get out! I know the person who has them isn’t going to post them. I think he was just prudish.

I mean it’s this “my body is a temple” BS that I don’t personally believe in. My body being “mine”....nope!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. flowerapple

flowerapple Member

I do it sometimes but as a self-harm behaviour. I find it triggering. Plus sometimes if I do it long enough it eventually numbs me and then I don't feel anything, which I don't feel happy but at least I sent feel awful either, its just like I'm not there, so sometimes I do it for that too.

4. physicist13

physicist13 Active Member

No, but not because of PTSD. I just think it's a terrible idea... even if you trust the person, who knows what that relationship is going to look like in 5 years.

5. FauxLiz

FauxLiz Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

I have a tendency to sext when I am acting out. Sexual Reactivity is a behavior that I struggle with and as a result when I am not acting healthy I sext with random strangers.