• All donations and upgrades are manually verified and approved within 24hrs.
  • Upgrades are ongoing. Learn how to save your bookmarked posts.

Sufferer Thinking of addressing my past trauma head-on

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're interested, you can check out my other reply that gives a good comparison about my trauma and a made-up one.

I have to accept that because I left information out about my trauma, you had no choice but to make assumptions. It still means, for me, that you assumed wrongly, very wrongly. Maybe assuming the worst is part of PTSD. I don't know. I do know it's something most people do, and I find it repulsive.

I could see how and why you think I think my situation is so unique that no one can understand it. I don't think that way, but I do think my story is very unique, odd, and fascinating. It's partly why I think it has legs to be a book. Beyond that, I do think my health situation is very unique and few understand it, or me. I have a lot of doctors, as I'm sure many of you do too, and while I've hired a few very esteemed ones, they still have little idea on how to treat my conditions properly.

I also now am dealing with a major fatigue disease, that is only diagnosed through exclusion. As of now I've been diagnosed with it because my doctors have to diagnose me with something to make sure I get some insurance coverage. But I've been told the jury is still out on it because we have to run more tests to rule everything else out.

The disease is called ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and it's a real bitch. Heavily underfunded, heavily misunderstood, and very serious for many people. My treatment is a few grand a month and it will climb, and depending on what happens, I may have it bad, like many do. This could mean I can't work, I can't get out of bed, and that just maybe I have to live in darkness and silence because I can't stand light or touch. This disease affects many systems in the body, including physical, neuro, and cognitive. Google the trailer for Unrest if you want to learn more about it. Even today, while it's twice as common as Multiple Sclerosis (a truly horrible and also underfunded disease that a friend of mine is dying from), the federal funding for ME/CFS is miniscule. About $2500 per Aids patient is spent on Aids research; about $250 on MS; and $5 on ME/CFS.

Does this mean I'm special? Does me talking about this mean I think I have it worse than you? No. In fact, maybe some of you have ME/CFS.

When I talk about this, it means I am dealing with something, and I am not wrong to bring it up, and you shouldn't assume things. On some days, I can't get out of bed. It's been this way for 7 months. I am asthmatic too, and the shortness of breath I experience due to my fatigue disorder is extreme. I gasp for air about half the day, every day. I sleep with a CPAP for sleep apnea and for my fatigue disease, or whatever it is. And I don't feel pity. I want solutions.

I've spent so much mental and physical energy on this forum, and I'm glad I did, but my psychologist told me this morning to take a break, so I'm going to drop off for a day or two, if I can manage to ignore what all of you write. That's hard for me. I have a lot to say.
You don't like people assuming yet your vagueness left no other option did it?

I did read your other post with the comparison. In no way would something similar cause PTSD. It could feel very unfair,possibly even traumatic but PTSD? Nope,sorry.

Once again you have used your illnesses to envoke sympathy and pity and as justification.I just can't play into that, it's manipulation.

I do wish you well in whatever direction you go but I am backing away from this circular discussion. It's not really going anywhere or helpful.

Your reply didn't address anything that I said. That's ok though,good luck to you.

The disease is called ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and it's a real bitch. Heavily underfunded, heavily misunderstood, and very serious for many people. My treatment is a few grand a month and it will climb, and depending on what happens, I may have it bad, like many do. This could mean I can't work, I can't get out of bed, and that just maybe I have to live in darkness and silence because I can't stand light or touch. This disease affects many systems in the body, including physical, neuro, and cognitive. Google the trailer for Unrest if you want to learn more about it. Even today, while it's twice as common as Multiple Sclerosis (a truly horrible and also underfunded disease that a friend of mine is dying from), the federal funding for ME/CFS is miniscule. About $2500 per Aids patient is spent on Aids research; about $250 on MS; and $5 on ME/CFS.
How does any of this have to do with your original topic? I'm very confused!

Also, without sharing what you are even talking about, how can anyone weigh in without assuming? But yet those that assume wrong are scolded. It seems to be a guessing game at this point.

This all seems very attention seeking to me. You may want to dig in with your doctors about why you might be attention seeking.

How does any of this have to do with your original topic? I'm very confused!
Other diagnoses as a contributing factor came up much earlier in the thread. It's not unrelated.

But - I'm going to take this as an opportunity to lock this thread. As was suggested by another poster, it's gotten pretty circular.

I've made some suggestions for the OP to open more focused threads elsewhere on the board, to continue any parts of this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom