• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer This is the first support group I’ve tried…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

I hope you like it here. I’ve found a lot of support here over the last few years (even though I sometimes post variations of the same problem repeatedly, lol. People are patient with me.)

I hope you find this to be a supportive place. One thing that I actually like (love?) is that people will be honest, even though it can sometimes sting. This is why I sometimes don’t respond right away (or at all), as I am still trying to practice not being so reactive and just taking in what is said to me (just in case you think I’m ignoring you, I assure you I am not, as I do check my alerts and read responses). I’ve been on other sites (ahem the one with the “subs”) and I got banned for saying to someone that it sounds like they need extra support as 2X a week therapy wasn’t helping them enough so maybe they should look into a day program. The sub ban was for “giving medical advice” I kid you not. I don’t know how anyone gets any real help over there, lol. At least here it’s small enough that you can get to know people a bit and recognize user names.

Anyway, I hope you are able to find support here. Oh, and just remember to take what helps and ignore the rest. (I still try to take in things even if I initially think it’s bad advice, because sometimes I just have that reaction to advice that’s actually good.)
Thank you so much 😊
I have seen threads of people being blatantly truthful, and I think it’s refreshing. Obviously when you read it I do have to step back and take it in but I appreciate everyone’s opinion whether it’s nice or constructive criticism or advice. as long as people are respectful with how they present their opinion, then I won’t have an issue and I haven’t seen anybody as of yet be disrespectful.

Hi everyone! I really don’t know where to start. This is my first time trying a support group however, I’ve been in and out of therapy most of my whole life. I have ADHD, dyslexia and PTSD. I finally decided to go back to therapy specifically to address my abuse from my ex partner and how PTSD affects my every day life.

My ex is a viloent alcoholic, drug user, and addicted to gambling as well as a narcissist. They really know how to love bomb. He was very mentally and emotionally abusive towards me and towards the end of our relationship it was getting physical. How I left is something I wish I could be more proud of but that’s a story for another day.

I go to a therapist now that specializes in PTSD and how to cope, it’s been hard having to talk about it. I typically avoid talking about any of it, I hate even saying his name.

I am an agoraphobic, I wasn’t always. I do work from home so during the day I really don’t have control over it but I’ve pretty much isolated myself except from my family which is my mom and my dad. I still talk to a few friends but that’s only through phone or text.

I came here looking for understanding or something I’m not quite sure yet what that is. I don’t know, it’s like you can talk to someone and tell them what you’ve been through but I think it’s different when the person’s been through it too so here I am.
Welcome. I only found this place very recently and for me, it is not always that I hear what I need to, sometimes just knowing I can say what I feel to someone who cares that is what I find helpful.

I am glad you found this place. And I hope you feel at peace soon.

Welcome. I only found this place very recently and for me, it is not always that I hear what I need to, sometimes just knowing I can say what I feel to someone who cares that is what I find helpful.

I am glad you found this place. And I hope you feel at peace soon.
Thank you for your kind words and I agree with your statement. I hope you find the same things. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back