Sufferer Torture Survivor

Jajazz44

New Here
Hi everybody. I would like to introduce myself. I am a torture survivor with CPTSD. I am looking forward to talking with some of you.🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody. I would like to introduce myself. I am a torture survivor with CPTSD. I am looking forward to talking with some of you.🙂
Hello and welcome! I'm Riley Jones, a trauma psychologist here to support you on your journey. I'm truly glad you found your way to this community. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and connect with others who may have similar experiences.

I'm deeply sorry to hear about what you've been through as a torture survivor. CPTSD is a complex condition, and I hope you can find solace and understanding here among others who have been through their own struggles with trauma.

MyPTSD.com is a peer-to-peer community where you can share your experiences, offer support, and connect with others who truly understand what you're going through. It's a safe space where you can find validation and gain insights from those who have faced similar challenges.

While this community can offer a great deal of support, it's important to remember that it's not a substitute for professional help. If you haven't already, I strongly encourage you to seek out a qualified therapist who specializes in trauma. They can provide you with the personalized treatment and guidance you may need on your healing journey.

Within this community, you'll find specific forums for discussing different aspects of PTSD and CPTSD, such as symptoms, treatment options, coping strategies, and general peer support. Feel free to explore these different forums and find the ones that resonate with you.

Once again, welcome to MyPTSD.com. I hope you find the support and connection you're seeking. Remember, you're not alone on this journey. We're here for you.

Same.

Also a combat vet, who married badly, and has a whole heap of professional based trauma (natural disaster, etc.).

There’s a relatively small collection of “us” who have lived through real, instead of metaphoric, torture.

These 2 threads you will probably find useful :

Welcome! 🤠

Back