• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Childhood Triggered at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digz

MyPTSD Pro
Yesterday I had the best therapy breakthrough and was riding on a high. This morning I went to work and was slapped across the face by a student and now I am triggered BIG time. I feel so stressed and shaky tonight and wish I could get back the happy feeling from yesterday. 😞

Yesterday I had the best therapy breakthrough and was riding on a high. This morning I went to work and was slapped across the face by a student and now I am triggered BIG time. I feel so stressed and shaky tonight and wish I could get back the happy feeling from yesterday. 😞
Hiya @Digz,
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear of your distress. Did a student literally slap you?!? If so, that's more than being triggered! That's abuse response. Ugh!

You will go back to feeling that on top of the world feeling again. Maybe not right away, but you'll get there.

Hopefully you can work with you therapist about ways to hold on to that feeling. And hopefully no more students will slap you across the face!

Let us know how this all works out.
Woodsy

Hiya @Digz,
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear of your distress. Did a student literally slap you?!? If so, that's more than being triggered! That's abuse response. Ugh!
Yes, unfortunately they did. The student wanted to run out of the classroom and leave the school, so I had to block their way for their own safety as they are quite young and couldn't be allowed to leave the school grounds and so the child hit many many times on the body and then slapped my face. As they are little it wasn't a very painful thing, more just the automatic stress response caused by it in the body and mind.
You will go back to feeling that on top of the world feeling again. Maybe not right away, but you'll get there.

Hopefully you can work with you therapist about ways to hold on to that feeling. And hopefully no more students will slap you across the face!
Yes, hopefully the feeling will return at some point. I never expected to feel that happy all the time but this event certainly changed my mood dramatically. Today I'm very tired, I imagine from the stress of yesterday. But thankfully at work today I did not get hit at all, so that's good! 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back