• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Using medical marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using edibles, in the form of capsules. 5mg mj I believe. It's been going very well. I take one when I'm symptomatic, and I feel normal again. The oy drawback is that coming down often makes me grouchy. Also I'm pretty sure the actual amount of mj in each capsule is variable - sometimes I take one and feel high as a kite, sometimes I just get a buzz. That also might be me and whatever else I'm doing at the time, though.

Are you making the caps yourself, or buying from a dispensary?

I like to make them myself and dose them low. I'd rather take 3 caps and have my edge softened than take 1 cap and be unable to speak.

I also have asthma, and find that when using an oil cartridge, it's best to take shorter, smaller pulls while also inhaling air through the nose to cool the vapor. Lower battery power makes for less voluminous vapor as well.

Are you making the caps yourself, or buying from a dispensary?

I like to make them myself and dose them low. I'd rather take 3 caps and have my edge softened than take 1 cap and be unable to speak.

I also have asthma, and find that when using an oil cartridge, it's best to take shorter, smaller pulls while also inhaling air through the nose to cool the vapor. Lower battery power makes for less voluminous vapor as well.
I'm getting them from a dispensary, which is the only legal way to obtain marijuana in my state.

Because I have asthma I was very specifically warned not to vape.

I'm getting them from a dispensary, which is the only legal way to obtain marijuana in my state.

Because I have asthma I was very specifically warned not to vape.

I see. Glad to hear it's going well for you. Sometimes I like to just buy the bud and extract the oil for edibles, instead of buying them prepared from the dispensary. This way, I know for sure what is in them and what the dosage is.

since i've had my medical card california, for about 4 years, i've found that the strains really are very different. i used to buy from friends and i never knew what strain i would get... black cherry punch from sky high was pretty good for crushing stress.
has gdp and blackberry heritage... any heavy indica will be good for your needs. but everyone’s different, i’d suggest to try a lot of different samples of flower until you find what works for you.
some strains i have right now good for stress/anxiety: black tuna, pink kush, pink rockstar, white bubba, black cherry punch, death bubba, violator, bruce banner is pretty good for a hybrid. for me, i need the tranquilizing effects that indicas provide. some strains do make my symptoms worse... and once i find those i just stay away from them. it's nice to have choices because of having legal access. i highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back