• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Vitamin b6 - way, way, too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggyBack

Learning
My new doc ran a battery of blood tests and determined that my B6 was too high. (Read blah, blah, blah or skip: It's mostly likely from a supplement that I started taking when I had migraines that seemed to work. However, it explains why I was have a burning feeling in my legs and hands, and I was having trouble walking. Here I thought I had MS, or similar.)

However, I'm wondering about the relation to PTSD. Any hits?

The symptoms of toxicity and having too little are kind of similar, so it might be worth looking into if you're hunting for information. I think it might be hard to find something about toxicity, because it is kind of difficult to get too much. People have different sensitivity levels and can take a lot daily before they start experiencing the side effects that you are having. There's not really a lot out there.

Even though I don't know that it's something that a scientist has looked into, it doesn't seem impossible to me that having too much could have an impact on PTSD symptoms. It is used to make seratonin. Both too much and too little seratonin can have psychological effects. It also does a lot of other stuff to our brains that we don't understand yet.

On the migraine front... at the Children’s Hospital we frequent, they recommend fortified breakfast cereal 1 meal a day to help limit migraines. Same concept, fixing deficiencies that are triggering them, but both very limited quantity & under an ENTIRELY different regulatory process (FDA, instead of “beauty” ), so the amounts listed... are actually the amounts listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back