• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

wanting/ not daring to ask my neighbor to be quiet at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lucky that I don't have neighbors who are too loud at night while I'm trying to sleep.

But if I did, I would feel it was inconsiderate on their part because, not only would it keep me up at night, but also because I'd have to ask them to quite down, which would be awkward for me.

I would feel it was inconsiderate on their part because, not only would it keep me up at night,

^You feelings in this instance, and perhaps in the hypothetical one could be off base, or wrong. The guy didn't know that the he was disturbing the OP and often that's the case in other circumstances too.

We therefore must be careful about what we feel is going on and actually do something so we can know is going on.

I'm reading this late but I absolutely love the outcome and your bravery in writing that note! Confrontation is hard for me, too, when the outcome is so unknown. Proud of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back