• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer My neighbor broke both my legs

Sanctuary

Confident
My downstairs neighbor ( B) broke both my legs. How do I get justice when she lied to the police and I am told you have no CCTV evidence so you have no case as no witness? I had the ambulance that my kind next door got me when I was on the floor screaming for help. The x-rays from the hospital where I now have titanium plates and screws in my right knee. The fracture of my left heel and the 21 days spent in hospital. I am still on crutches learning to walk after 5 months. I'm crippled for life. My rage is off the scale as I already have CPTSD. I wasn't even allowed to give a statement. I sent all the pictures of my injuries and have been ignored. I can not stand injustice of any kind. I have fought all my life against any injustice and have won twice. This time I just don't know how to deal with the pain in my legs I have every day and the fact she has gotten away with it. What would you do?

Attachments

• fractured knee, metal plates and screw. right leg.JPG
    fractured knee, metal plates and screw. right leg.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
My downstairs neighbor ( B) broke both my legs. How do I get justice when she lied to the police and I am told you have no CCTV evidence so you have no case as no witness? I had the ambulance that my kind next door got me when I was on the floor screaming for help. The x-rays from the hospital where I now have titanium plates and screws in my right knee. The fracture of my left heel and the 21 days spent in hospital. I am still on crutches learning to walk after 5 months. I'm crippled for life. My rage is off the scale as I already have CPTSD. I wasn't even allowed to give a statement. I sent all the pictures of my injuries and have been ignored. I can not stand injustice of any kind. I have fought all my life against any injustice and have won twice. This time I just don't know how to deal with the pain in my legs I have every day and the fact she has gotten away with it. What would you do?
I am truly sorry to hear about the traumatic and unjust experience you have been through. It sounds like you are going through an incredibly difficult time, both physically and emotionally. It's understandable to feel enraged and overwhelmed, especially given your history of CPTSD.

In situations like this, seeking support and reaching out to others who understand what you are going through can be crucial. At myptsd.com, there are forums where individuals with similar experiences can connect, share their stories, and provide each other with support and understanding. It can be a safe space to express your emotions and receive empathy from others who have faced similar challenges.

While seeking justice is important, it is also essential to prioritize your own well-being and healing during this painful time. If you haven't already, I would strongly recommend reaching out to a trauma-informed mental health professional who can provide you with support, guidance, and coping strategies to navigate through these difficult emotions and experiences.

Remember, you are not alone in this journey. There are people who care about you and want to support you through this challenging time. Take care of yourself and prioritize your mental and physical health as you navigate this difficult situation.

ouchus maximus, sanctuary. . . no fair on high. . . anger channeling called for. . .

when i was in a similar position, i worked the psychotherapy angle far more than the justice angle. i was far more interested in healing than in spending endless hours in courtrooms. there are solid reasons that justice centers and healing centers are typically in separate parts of any given city. the two professions are not overly compatible.

but that is me and every case is unique.

steadying support while you find what works for you. hope healing happens here.

But my anger is my strength. It's my fighting spirit to keep going. For good to triumph over evil, karma. I just went in the garden on my crutches to look at the newborn tadpoles in my pond and I couldn't get up off the low seat. My right leg won't bend more than 20 percent yet. I cried with the pain. Then I got angry, and tried and tried and used my sticks and got up! If I lose my anger all I have is tears. I've cried a million. No one is there when I cry I live alone with a cat, so I have no choice, to get on with it. I need a plan as the search for justice runs through me, it's who I am. Who I was born to be in the past, future, and present.

But my anger is my strength. It's my fighting spirit to keep going. For good to triumph over evil, karma. I just went in the garden on my crutches to look at the newborn tadpoles in my pond and I couldn't get up off the low seat. My right leg won't bend more than 20 percent yet. I cried with the pain. Then I got angry, and tried and tried and used my sticks and got up! If I lose my anger all I have is tears. I've cried a million. No one is there when I cry I live alone with a cat, so I have no choice, to get on with it. I need a plan as the search for justice runs through me, it's who I am. Who I was born to be in the past, future, and present.
I was shot and lost my leg. Still pissed about having to pay to walk and the dirt bag that did it is out of prison walking fine and not paying my bills. It's been 25 years.

I'm so sorry.
How do you cope?

I am back at the hospital today to have stitches out.
I have been trying to say each day gratitude for what I do have.
My arms are getting stronger when I have to pull myself up the stairs and drag my legs behind me to open the front door for food.
Housing still hasn't put a rail in, so I got a hammer drill and put a little rail at the top of the stairs to help me stand up.
I have 2 sets of crutches, one at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom.
I'm doing my exercises every day but the pain.

Please tell me how do survive every day?

I put my dinner in a washing-up bowl, and then on my sticks I kick it into the bedroom so I can eat.
Do you get phantom pain? i heard arnica tablets ( vitamin ) from
the nice chap who used to live below me only had one leg, he walked on crutches and rode a motorbike! seriously!

I think of him now and think how the hell do you keep going??
best wishes and please tell me more

Picture of my left fractured heel with an air boot. Right leg knee fracture with leg brace. Both legs now don't have to wear them. Thank god!

Attachments

• IMG_4041.JPG
    IMG_4041.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
But my anger is my strength. It's my fighting spirit to keep going.
i used to think/feel this. i've suffered far fewer violent and legal encounters since i learned how to channel and vent my anger while letting healing hopes and forgiveness be my strength. i have the intelligence and compassion of a beaten crazy bitch wolf when i rely on anger to give me strength.

I was very good at channeling my anger. I used to go outside and cut the 30-foot hedge with a hedge trimmer. I used to take a wooden pallet apart with a crowbar and hammer. I harnessed my anger positivity. It hurt no one, just knacked me out.

Now my legs don't work, and I'm left fuming with rage.

I can't even carry a hot dinner plate as I need my hands for my crutches.
Beating up a pillow is a waste of energy.
I'm looking for positive, creative ways to vent my rage as my legs don't work now.

i am reminded of a brother-in-healing who became paraplegic at the fiery age of 16. he was in his 40's when i came to know him and he was still a fiery soul with serious anger channeling needs. he channeled his anger with the help of his fellow "wheelies" in the various wheelchair olympic sports.

i guess the brain-fart of the moment is a wonder if there are any wheelchair athletes in your neighborhood. just wondering.

Thank you. but I refuse to be in a wheelchair.
I want to walk again without crutches, I want to ride a push bike again, and I'm gonna fight this one way or another.

Just back from the hospital where I saw a blind man with a white stick being helped, and I felt humbled.
I looked at the colors around me and thanked God I still have my eyes.

Yes I do need to find a way to channel this anger, a new way....
Any ideas welcome.........

Thank you. but I refuse to be in a wheelchair.
the sharing of healing hopes/needs does not require duplicate conditions, prosthetics or coping mechanisms. anger channeling remains anger channeling, whether on two feet, two crutches or two wheels. this particular brother-in-healing might have channeled some anger with his wheels on your toes if you pitied him for needing help, but among the most precious gifts he gave me is a living example of the difference between the humility of asking for help and the humiliation of being pitied.
I want to walk again without crutches, I want to ride a push bike again,
steadying support while you meet this noble goal. healing happens. i hope it happens here.
I'm gonna fight this one way or another.

in my personal healing journey, fighting is seldom the most efficient healing tool.

Back