• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Feeling Today? Not Thinking, Rather Feeling! Can You Identify Yours?

You found the right place. What can we do for you?
Thanks. I have been diagnosed with PTSD due to acute trauma and C-PTSD due to childhood abuse. I was triggered 3 weeks ago and am doing my best to remember to do things like eating and drinking. I am doing the bare minimum at my (highly prestigious/demanding) job. I am considered high functioning, but I am just so tired. I feel like I have been going through multiple daily waves of fight or flight physiologically, however I freeze. I am so tired and honestly someone asking how they can help made me cry with a deep sense of validation.

Thanks. I have been diagnosed with PTSD due to acute trauma and C-PTSD due to childhood abuse. I was triggered 3 weeks ago and am doing my best to remember to do things like eating and drinking. I am doing the bare minimum at my (highly prestigious/demanding) job. I am considered high functioning, but I am just so tired. I feel like I have been going through multiple daily waves of fight or flight physiologically, however I freeze. I am so tired and honestly someone asking how they can help made me cry with a deep sense of validation.
The more you read on this site, the more you will realize what you are going through is normal. Take your time, pace yourself. Have you considered some time off work?

I am considering it. I am reading a LOT on this entire forum and it is indeed helpful.
It's great you are finding this helpful. Like I said pace yourself. It's a great place for support but you can get absorbed and get even more triggered. Listen to your body, if you feel you need a break, you probably need it. Self care is important. Your job can wait, your health cannot.

Back