What Are You Feeling Today? Not Thinking, Rather Feeling! Can You Identify Yours?

KayDee1248

New Here
You found the right place. What can we do for you?
Thanks. I have been diagnosed with PTSD due to acute trauma and C-PTSD due to childhood abuse. I was triggered 3 weeks ago and am doing my best to remember to do things like eating and drinking. I am doing the bare minimum at my (highly prestigious/demanding) job. I am considered high functioning, but I am just so tired. I feel like I have been going through multiple daily waves of fight or flight physiologically, however I freeze. I am so tired and honestly someone asking how they can help made me cry with a deep sense of validation.

rusty_maestro

Confident
Thanks. I have been diagnosed with PTSD due to acute trauma and C-PTSD due to childhood abuse. I was triggered 3 weeks ago and am doing my best to remember to do things like eating and drinking. I am doing the bare minimum at my (highly prestigious/demanding) job. I am considered high functioning, but I am just so tired. I feel like I have been going through multiple daily waves of fight or flight physiologically, however I freeze. I am so tired and honestly someone asking how they can help made me cry with a deep sense of validation.
The more you read on this site, the more you will realize what you are going through is normal. Take your time, pace yourself. Have you considered some time off work?

rusty_maestro

Confident
I am considering it. I am reading a LOT on this entire forum and it is indeed helpful.
It's great you are finding this helpful. Like I said pace yourself. It's a great place for support but you can get absorbed and get even more triggered. Listen to your body, if you feel you need a break, you probably need it. Self care is important. Your job can wait, your health cannot.

ms spock

Sponsor
ms spock, Im sorry to hear that. Im feeling very disconnected.
Thank you for your kind comment.

I am sorry to hear you feel for that way. I hope you feel a bit more connected soon.

Things just don't feel real right now.
It's a pretty weird year with the pandemic so cut yourself some slack.

For me it is distorted cognitions. It wouldn't matter what is happening in the world. I have OCD thinking ruminations which just shift when I resolve one thing to another thing. But I deserve a break as well. I have tried hard. I have to give up trying hard. I am too hard on myself.