• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What are you having for dinner? (wanna share your recipe?)

@DharmaGirl

Chicken with Spring Onions Chilli and Yoghurt

INGREDIENTS

Serves: 4-6

METRIC Measurements

6 skinless chicken breasts

juice of 2 lemons

75 millilitres olive oil

500 grams Greek yoghurt

6 thin spring onions (or 4 fat ones) (thinly sliced)

1 fresh green chilli (deseeded)

2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)

½ cucumber (peeled and cut into cubes)

3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander

3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint

METHOD

Chicken

Open out each chicken breast and cut into about 3 lengthways so that you have thinner, smaller pieces.

Put them into a freezer bag/dish with the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of oil, season with salt and pepper. Put in fridge to marinate.

Sauce

Tip the yogurt into a large bowl and throw Chilli and Spring Onion over the top.

Add garlic to the yogurt and cucumber and most of the coriander and mint, reserving a little to garnish.

Mix all these ingredients together, and taste for seasoning; add salt if necessary. Refrigerate till ready to be served

Cooking

Pour the 2 remaining tablespoons of olive oil into a large pan and heat.

Remove chicken from the marinade and fry for 3-5 minutes a side or until golden outside, and completely cooked. In the last moment of cooking, tip in about half of the lemony marinade to add sharpness and gloss. (Alternatively put into an oven proof dish and bake till golden and cooked through)

Serving

Place chicken on serving platter and yoghurt mix in a bowl. Garnish with remaining herbs.

Enjoy.

@DharmaGirl

Chocolate cake – Keto

Metric cups

1 1/2 cups almond flour

1/3 cup cocoa powder

2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup brewed coffee

1 tablespoon heaped cream

3 eggs

1/3 cup erythritol Monk fruit sweetener (or to taste)

1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
  • Mix all ingredients thoroughly and until well combined
  • Grease and line bottom and sides of a medium sized cake pan
  • Bake at 175 Celsius for 15-18 minutes or until cooked in the middle (test with a toothpick etc)
  • Let cool slightly then carefully turn onto serving plate.
Decoration:

Combine 200 grams chopped chocolate and 100 grams thick cream in a microwave and melt gently or place in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan with a little water. Heat gently stirring till all melted and combined.

Cool in the fridge until thickened Spread over the cooled cake - refrigerate

Approximate only (if it matters that much) : Calories: 130; Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 0.9g, Sodium: 175mg

Total Carb: 6g, Net Carbs: 2.7g, Dietary Fibre: 3.3g, Sugars: 0.2g, Protein: 6.9g - depends how you cut the cake.

Can be refrigerated and frozen but leave off decoration if freezing.

Breakfast cereal (yes, for dinner).

Combine breakfast cereal & preferred type of milk (any will do - my preference is soy).

It was a liberating day when I stopped shaming myself for having breakfast cereal at dinner time.

For the peeps truly sunk deep in a Depressive Episode? Skip the milk and bowl altogether. Done.

Canadian t-giving tomorrow. My daughter and family are coming. I was’t going to cook turkey at all, she is a pescatarian-mostly vegetarian. Son in law not. So i got the bright idea for some braised turkey legs, instead of a big roast, just to say we had some turkey, and then some shrimpy stuff for her and us too. Well. How is it that braised turkey legs end up being dry and grainy after bathing in a lovely sauce for a couple of hours? The sauce is delish. I now wonder if there was too much acid in it - had tomatoes, red wine vinegar and a whole lemon in the mix. So disappointed. Plan B in effect, dinner is tomorrow so maybe a lovely roast beef instead.

Cha… the meat industry is upside down, right now.

Last year so much stock was being culled, and the vanished restaurant market, that we were getting prime for choice pricing; this year choice is more than prime used to be.

I still harken to the days of ground beef at under a buck a pound….when I was married, prime rib was an exorbitant $3.99 /lb, talking Canadian bucks here, and the grumbling at 5.99….you waited for a sale…just going to check the package…if I don’t come back, it means I am on the floor when I see the price again….okay another shock….I got the roast from the meat counter dude, no sign up that indicated I was getting certified Angus….so…yeah, still cheaper and tastier than a restaurant version, so I tell myself…if it was a Michelin starred chef.

And to add insult to my injury, besides the three burns I susstained (usually I chop myself with a knife), as I was carving into this beautiful roast, I hit a couple of bones that had been tied to the bottom…separate and hidden. I didn’t even feel them while handling it. It was supposed to be boneless….for the sake of the grand kids I resisted a swearfest, but still

Oy! Good on ya.

I swear… I still say BANANAS with a certain unholy level of vitriol just because it was the preschool “I’m pissed off” invective of choice… as well as “Darn Biscuits Forever!” which makes even less sense, but I feel is somewhere along the lines of “shut the front door”? It must replace SOMETHING the kids heard a lot, and it’s actually satisfactory feeling rolling off the tongue?? But I have no f*cking clue where either of these 2 things come from. Except childhood.

Since the only adjective I used for about a decade was f*ck? (All you need is a change of pitch/tone and it’s a perfectly understandable adjective for all occasions). And I end up swearing in 4 or 5 different languages when I’m really annoyed?

I count the nonsense words and random consonants B-T-F-G-R spluttered in an attempt not to speak as a solid win. Every time.

Our “swear jar” at home was $1. There were a few occasions I just handed my kid a $20.

Herdez Salsa Ranchera Soup : 3 Ways

Herdez Salsa Ranchera is very nearly BBQ sauce in consistency. When desperate I HAVE subbed BBQ sauce in its place, with a whole helluva lotta ancho peppers, &/or a can of chipotle peppers in adobo for similar results, or even made my own ranchera style sauce. Which I won’t do if in North America and can find the 89cent cans of delish.

STUPID EASY
- Can of salsa ranchera & chicken stock to thin. Done.

BASE
- Olive oil ringed around pot
- Garlic
- Onions
- Celery
- Quarted or whole mushrooms
- Salsa Ranchera
- Chicken Stock
(Optional) a few chocolate chips or cocoa powder to hint of Molé up

Sauté veg translucent, add salsa & chicken stock, and simmer for about half an hour.

ALL OUT
- Base
- Thick bacon chopped
- Leftover meats (chicken, beef, pork)
- Seasonal or frozen veg of virtually any kind (fire roasted corn, zucchini or other squash, cauliflower, greens, cactus, go mad).
- Avocado slices &/or cilantro &/or tomatoes to top (ditto cheese, the crumbly salty white one I can’t remember the name of because I’m sick is especially good. So is pepper Jack)

I’m sick, today, but not quite under the weather enough to be at add hot water and drink, stage. So I made the base, whilst I still could be trusted with knives and fire. May add other things later if I get hit with a burst of energy that makes walking across the room not seem like Everest.

Back