• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Did You Do For You Today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a drinking game with my cell-ph to further ensure healthy hydration with any and all of the following: my green smoothies, fruit juices with greens powders/chia seeds/etc., various herbal infusions (like peppermint/burdock root/stinging nettle/tulsi/ginger/roasted dandelion root/etc.), or just plain water. No alcohol or caffeine, as my adrenals, heart, and other innards felt it best to kick them to the curb several years ago.

Each time I hear or read a reference to the virus/lock down/quarantine/or social distancing, I take a drink. I've learned it's impossible to escape as long as I partake in the internet, tv, or the radio. Making a mind/body game out of it that ultimately benefits my health creates scenarios where I don't have to try to ignore it, but I'm not allowing the fear to take center stage.

Next, I'll be figuring a way to also incorporate more purposeful daily movement with my hula hoops, weights, and mini-trampoline. Then my percussion instruments and Native American flute. Then my domestic goddess chores and plant-based kitchen creations. Then gardening and foraging tasks. Trying to use what could easily drag me down as a tool to get me going in the best directions possible for my overall well-being. Fingers crossed for stick-to-itiveness.

Spent 20 minutes in the sun, watered the veggies and herbs that will one day feed us, mixed more homemade cleaner and started a new infusion to make more in a few weeks, froze more "overripe" bananas for nice cream and smoothies, and did more breathing exercises than usual as I thanked everything I could think of on and inside my body from head to toe.

Designed a 4x6 postcard to have printed to share with others that highlights the multiple body systems being wrecked by fragranced products, in addition to the steady flow of neurotoxins, in hopes of heightening compassionate awareness to the toxic chemical shit storm many choose to marinate in and inadvertently subject others to while doing so.

Using fragrances is clearly a choice, but the life-threatening adverse reactions many suffer from unwillingly being exposed are not. I created a bookmark to share a while back, but this time I chose to word it differently (less confrontational) and made it bigger so I could add even more relevant info.

Awaiting the proofreading process and final editing before I place the order. Anxious to share once I can venture back out.

I slept much longer than usual. My nervous system has been on higher-than-usual stress alert, which is pretty f'n high given how hypervigilant it stays even on a good day, and my body's been feeling it big time. Went back to bed this morning and slept into the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back