What do you need emotionally right now, and why?

woodsy1

MyPTSD Pro
I need laughter and friendship because the death of my son at the first of this year has wiped me out emotionally. I need the 'normalcy' of just having a fun time. I need the stress relief of laughter. I need to see and hear others' voices to let me know I still belong to the human race. That I am not alone all the time. Does that help?
I'm sorry for your loss. Losing loved ones is so terribly hard. I can relate to just needing a laugh and a moment to feel human again with some in person conversation.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Thanks! Me too.

I need calm, as well, because this is the first time I have attempted to video conference without taking anything for anxiety. But I do have my trusty weighted lap pad. 👍
Weighted lap pad, eh? I might have to look into one of those.

You've got this! We've got your back. 🤠

RussellSue

Not Active
Thanks! 😁

The lap pad helps me a lot. I ordered mine on Amazon like a year ago and I have used this thing more than any other item I have purchased to help with anxiety. The major drawback is that I don't sit down very much, so can't use it most of the time.

woodsy1

MyPTSD Pro
Weighted lap pad, eh? I might have to look into one of those.

You've got this! We've got your back. 🤠
The more you read our comments, the less hyper-focused on your call you'll be. So I'm just chatting you up until you are off of hold! 😉

Thanks! 😁

The lap pad helps me a lot. I ordered mine on Amazon like a year ago and I have used this thing more than any other item I have purchased to help with anxiety. The major drawback is that I don't sit down very much, so can't use it most of the time.
You are welcome. Maybe you need a weighted hug shirt! You could use that sitting down or standing up! 🌞

How's it coming along? Still on hold? Are they playing any decent music?

Last edited by a moderator:

RussellSue

Not Active
The more you read our comments, the less hyper-focused on your call you'll be. So I'm just chatting you up until you are off of hold! 😉
Thanks! Yeah, this is rough. They have a counter that is supposed to tell you how many people are ahead of you but the number is going up instead of down, so I have the impression it is not working.
Maybe you need a weighted hug shirt! You could use that sitting down or standing up!
I want one of those! I looked for one but only found them in kid sizes. I ended up with a belt but it was too much across my hips and make me think I looked like I was ready for combat when I would get on the train in Portland. I didn't want to look like I was ready for a fight; my commute was hard enough, already.

How's it coming along? Still on hold? Are they playing any decent music?
Mozart. I can appreciate brain music before talking to a recruiter - it's better than Metallica. I've held for interviews listening to aggressive music before. It didn't work for me.

woodsy1

MyPTSD Pro
Thanks! Yeah, this is rough. They have a counter that is supposed to tell you how many people are ahead of you but the number is going up instead of down, so I have the impression it is not working.
Oh crap! I hate it when that happens. Ugh to the extreme! 🤬
I want one of those! I looked for one but only found them in kid sizes. I ended up with a belt but it was too much across my hips and make me think I looked like I was ready for combat when I would get on the train in Portland.
Lol! 🤣 Thanks so much, I needed that today. Remember the old 80s arcade fight game? Mortal....combat! You are ready, girl!
I didn't want to look like I was ready for a fight; my commute was hard enough, already.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
Peace of mind. I made an order from a catalog in November and then ordered the same item again today for my sister. I need to know that both items will arrive safely to the two addresses I asked them to send them to. Dealing with order takers from India is not easy!