• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What do you need emotionally right now, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need laughter and friendship because the death of my son at the first of this year has wiped me out emotionally. I need the 'normalcy' of just having a fun time. I need the stress relief of laughter. I need to see and hear others' voices to let me know I still belong to the human race. That I am not alone all the time. Does that help?
I'm sorry for your loss. Losing loved ones is so terribly hard. I can relate to just needing a laugh and a moment to feel human again with some in person conversation.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Thanks! Me too.

I need calm, as well, because this is the first time I have attempted to video conference without taking anything for anxiety. But I do have my trusty weighted lap pad. 👍
Weighted lap pad, eh? I might have to look into one of those.

You've got this! We've got your back. 🤠

Thanks! 😁

The lap pad helps me a lot. I ordered mine on Amazon like a year ago and I have used this thing more than any other item I have purchased to help with anxiety. The major drawback is that I don't sit down very much, so can't use it most of the time.

Weighted lap pad, eh? I might have to look into one of those.

You've got this! We've got your back. 🤠
The more you read our comments, the less hyper-focused on your call you'll be. So I'm just chatting you up until you are off of hold! 😉

Thanks! 😁

The lap pad helps me a lot. I ordered mine on Amazon like a year ago and I have used this thing more than any other item I have purchased to help with anxiety. The major drawback is that I don't sit down very much, so can't use it most of the time.
You are welcome. Maybe you need a weighted hug shirt! You could use that sitting down or standing up! 🌞

How's it coming along? Still on hold? Are they playing any decent music?

Last edited by a moderator:
The more you read our comments, the less hyper-focused on your call you'll be. So I'm just chatting you up until you are off of hold! 😉
Thanks! Yeah, this is rough. They have a counter that is supposed to tell you how many people are ahead of you but the number is going up instead of down, so I have the impression it is not working.
Maybe you need a weighted hug shirt! You could use that sitting down or standing up!
I want one of those! I looked for one but only found them in kid sizes. I ended up with a belt but it was too much across my hips and make me think I looked like I was ready for combat when I would get on the train in Portland. I didn't want to look like I was ready for a fight; my commute was hard enough, already.

How's it coming along? Still on hold? Are they playing any decent music?
Mozart. I can appreciate brain music before talking to a recruiter - it's better than Metallica. I've held for interviews listening to aggressive music before. It didn't work for me.

Thanks! Yeah, this is rough. They have a counter that is supposed to tell you how many people are ahead of you but the number is going up instead of down, so I have the impression it is not working.
Oh crap! I hate it when that happens. Ugh to the extreme! 🤬
I want one of those! I looked for one but only found them in kid sizes. I ended up with a belt but it was too much across my hips and make me think I looked like I was ready for combat when I would get on the train in Portland.
Lol! 🤣 Thanks so much, I needed that today. Remember the old 80s arcade fight game? Mortal....combat! You are ready, girl!
I didn't want to look like I was ready for a fight; my commute was hard enough, already.

Peace of mind. I made an order from a catalog in November and then ordered the same item again today for my sister. I need to know that both items will arrive safely to the two addresses I asked them to send them to. Dealing with order takers from India is not easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back