• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What drug could put a person out for an extended period of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widow_of_one

MyPTSD Pro
I am trying to figure out what “legal, over the counter” drug my gf used to put me out? Any suggestions?
He was a very handy man who had a “work bench”?

There are a lot of 'date rape' drugs. I feel very uncomfortable mentioning them.
If you Google, you can easily find them out.

I used to take one of them for 'fun'. I wanted to be out of it for hours at a time, and did not care what happened to me. That drug was sort of legal then (in that it wasn't illegal). The law has changed now in the UK so it is now an illegal drug.

Does it being legal or illegal make a difference for you?
Becuase if someone is going to drug someone else (a crime) then buying the drug to do it isn't really going to matter whether buying it is a crime or not?

Any suggestions?
The list of prescription meds with strong sedative side effects is epic. To know for sure, you have to have a tox screen done within a few hours of waking up.

Best you can do is an educated guess. Benzos and sleepers are easy to get scripts for these days. Opiate pain meds (like just plain old codeine) is in nearly everyone's medication cabinet. Then there's all the psychotropic drugs if they take any of those.

Quite literally anything from blood pressure meds to antipsychotics and everything in between would be on the list of potential candidates. At least half of the multitude of meds I'm on (for a range of conditions) are CNS depressants if you go through the fine print.

I am trying to figure out what “legal, over the counter” drug my gf used to put me out? Any suggestions?

There's literally dozens upon dozens of OTC medications that can cause drowsiness (or unconsciousness if mixed/taken incorrectly). The only way to know for sure which one/ones were used, would be to have blood and urine samples tested while there is still a trace of it/them in your system, or to have the delivery tool (syringe, food, etc) tested forensically. Beyond that, it's just speculation.

^Righto...now you've been advised it could've been anything. May I ask why you want to figure it out? Where does that take you in terms of healing?

I feel better knowing “how” he did it. I had a “flashback” where when I wake up my head is hurting so I knew he knocked me on the head! My junior year of high school I would wake up everyday and feel like I was in a daze of some sort. I didn’t drink or do drugs so it wasn’t me. I again got this odd feeling the summer of sophomore year of college And again the summer of my junior year of college. I wanted to see if I could piece it together as to how he did it and who could have been involved?

The list of prescription meds with strong sedative side effects is epic. To know for sure, you have to have a tox screen done within a few hours of waking up.

Best you can do is an educated guess. Benzos and sleepers are easy to get scripts for these days. Opiate pain meds (like just plain old codeine) is in nearly everyone's medication cabinet. Then there's all the psychotropic drugs if they take any of those.

Quite literally anything from blood pressure meds to antipsychotics and everything in between would be on the list of potential candidates. At least half of the multitude of meds I'm on (for a range of conditions) are CNS depressants if you go through the fine print.
Omg!! My mom was a skitzophrenic! She took lithium amongst other meds! Would that have done it? Also that means that she was involved!!! My gf had a friend who had mafia ties and was wondering if he gave me illegals street drugs?

There's literally dozens upon dozens of OTC medications that can cause drowsiness (or unconsciousness if mixed/taken incorrectly). The only way to know for sure which one/ones were used, would be to have blood and urine samples tested while there is still a trace of it/them in your system, or to have the delivery tool (syringe, food, etc) tested forensically. Beyond that, it's just speculation.

Btw this wasn’t drowsiness I was out cold. Him and his friends dragged me to another relocation - did whatever they did to me - then dragged me back “home”. I was out cold until they put me back into the back of his truck! What drug could have done that and how could he have administered it to me? I suspect that my mom and grandma were involved as well...
and I am and have always been a critique of food so it would have to be odorless and tasteless because I wouldn’t eat something that tasted spoiled...
thanks so everyone for their help!

I wish I. Plus explain how I felt when I would wake up that might help. Like I was in a daze or something. I would get into the shower and seconds later 30 minutes had gone by...I felt like I wasn’t quite in “the reality of the now”. I used to tell my fiends that reality is like a bookcase and I felt like I was on a different “shelf”!

Nup. Not if it was a regular thing. Your kidneys would be cactus apart from anything else.
Thank u...my mom took a bevy of meds. What about turpentine? He had that in his “tool bench” - where I come from all men have a tool bench. So lawn and garden chemicals!??

I think the point of the earlier posts was that unless for some reason this person was to tell you themselves, you're not likely to ever know what they were using.

Getting caught up in "what ifs" will send you round the twist, without actually answering any questions for you.

I think the point of the earlier posts was that unless for some reason this person was to tell you themselves, you're not likely to ever know what they were using.

Getting caught up in "what ifs" will send you round the twist, without actually answering any questions for you.
If there is no answer that’s fine. But every clue beings light to another piece of the puzzle. I appreciate your time, thank you. During my journey I have found that “questions” arise typically it is because an answer to my question is growing near. Thank u all so much!!

During my journey I have found that “questions” arise typically it is because an answer to my question is growing near. Thank u all so much!!

^I think you need to exercise caution with your search for answers in terms of this one aspect of your trauma. There's no way you can now determine what caused you to be in the state you believe you were in unless someone knows and tells you. Nor, unless you saw them, who may have been present whilst you were unconscious.

Having a deep suspicion about something isn't proof or certainty.

My T tries to help me with uncertainty. There is a particular gap in my memory about a particular thing and I was certain that if only I could remember this particular thing, then I would be able to heal.
But I haven't been able to remember that particular thing. So T has been trying to work with me about what else will help and make me shift from this mindset.
That might help you too? There are so many drugs, you'll just be second guessing.

The drug I used to take, which was known as a date rape drug at the time, was called GHB. Or 'liquid E'. This was in the UK, so it might have been called different things in another country. It was sold over the counter in sex shops at the time as it was meant to make people hallucinate and enhance sex. You would pour it in your drink. I could always taste it and thought it tasted foul, so I found it hard to know how people didn't taste it when their drink was spiked. It totally made me loose all sense of reality. It was seen as a dangerous drug becuase it made people have loss of consciousness and people died from it. It was easy to overdose on it. It would make my heart race like mad and then I would be hallucinating as much as I did on acid. It was like a combination of acid and ecstasy, is how I described it. A club I went to, that was known for drug taking (mear fact the club opened at 4am and went on to 2pm explains that....), Always had signs up that you would be chucked out if you took that drug becuase of what it did.
That is just one example of many drugs that change reality, put people out, make people loose control of their body etc etc etc.

I really think your answer lies elsewhere to make peace with this. Living with the not knowing what drug it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back