• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Have You Accomplished Lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you all recognize your accomplishments?

It starts with silencing the inner critic and allowing some of the good stuff inside of you. Making little goals for yourself and that is how you accomplish something and then the little goals begin to add up into bigger accomplishments. It is a process that takes time, and effort and motivation and energy all difficult things to achieve and even gaining them is an accomplishment and the whole thing begins to build momentum. You are already accomplishing things without you realizing it. You are better than you think you are and not as bad as you think you are. This is how it works for me. Not easy, but change the brain and the mind will follow.:hug:

Over the Last year.

1) Lost 37 lbs and counting

2) Stopped all xanax (3x day), adderall (2x day) and ambien use

3) Started treating with medical marijuana

4) Looked closely at myself when off all my medications to establish my "baseline". (didn't know who I was without the drugs) I wanted to take a fresh look at my mental health. Took a year of suck to get an idea.

5) Researched my issues, found this site

6) Got a Psychiatrist to evaluate me and am seeing him regularly

7) Found a therapist and scheduled an appointment

8) walk about 3 miles per day and lay in the sun for 40 min

9) on Sundays I watch Football, that's all...I watch and try to have a me day.

I mean, I feel like shit but man I deserve a friggin pat on the back, and a break. I have been kicking some serious mental health ass....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back