• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What have you seen me do right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s an impossible standard that you set for the rest of us sometimes @ms spock . It’s both awesome and inspiring to watch.
Please don't do this to yourself. What I write is in stark contrasts to many moments of each day. I am very human and I slip and slide all day each day. I struggle each day. I have improved so much but life is still really difficult for me. I am wanting to get to the point of self compassion where I don't beat myself up all the time. I have lost it at the moment and I have regressed back into the eating, dissociation, maladaptive daydreaming, obsessive thinking, bargaining, binge TV watching, living in a parallel timeline/story in my head etc.

I have a lot of willingness to build new skills, learn new things, work on myself - but I am doing it to the point that I am torturing myself and attacking myself in multiple ways. I can always find a way to find fault in myself.

The real me isn't so good, but the real me isn't so bad either. I am pretty messily human and I learning to accept that's okay.

It's about turning up as best we can, and some days I do it for periods of the day okay and not for other periods of the day.

And sometimes I just freeze for parts of the day - it's still a thing.

In the real world if you can get it right 50% you are doing amazingly well. It's learning to accept and be kind to the 50% you don't get right that is the trick - to acknowledge what is with self compassion and not self condemnation. Making a space for the anxiety, depression, PTSD, accepting that it is there, and then kindly challenging your own distorted cognitions.

It's only in a classic Hollywood narrative film it all ends happily ever after creating an angst about the messiness of life. And no matter how good you are, things are still going to go wrong at times and that doesn't mean you are bad or wrong, it just means that sometimes things go wrong.

I have a lot of guts and courage, and I have gone far beyond what I thought I could do, it is amazing that I am doing things that I am doing, but it is also amazing that people come here and make the best of the hand that they have been dealt. I get inspired by everyone at different times when I am on this forum.

... and trying to apply what you have learned and over time creating more safety for yourself within yourself.

I mean even just asking this board for positive feedback. That's huge. That's such a healthy thing to do - asking for what you need, without shame. I'm proud of you.
That's true.

You have been facing so many things, outside and inside, for the last two years or so. You have brought into my life the yes, it can be done. Your brave heart, wisdom and honesty have been and are an inspiration for me. And you are a generous teacher, sharing here how you do/face/experience different situations and feelings. Also the distorted cognitive behavior... As I see it, you are doing SO WELL ???❤️!!!!
Thank you!

When you wrote about your first teaching experience, it was a terrifying read. After all that time training, you found yourself in a job that would cause many (most?) to give up the profession entirely, for the sake of the sanity if not their personal safety.

You didn’t give up. Despite everything else going on for you, everything you’ve been through, all the perfectly legitimate reasons you had to simply quit, walk away and give up - you’ve gone back. Found a new job, determined to succeed.
Thank you!

Thanks so much you three the positive feedback is gratefully accepted.

... you are in a safer day to day environment than your prior apartment. You took the next step in a relationship and married a man you love. You damned the torpedoes and undertook getting your university training and accreditation to teach. You embraced your father-in-law and out of love and respect advocate for his health and his care. You've grown exponentially. You are bringing yourself up most of the time!
I am still improving exponentially.

You leave notes on many profiles, you worked hard getting chat to be a place to hang out. You have been an inspiration to me with the way you are always working on yourself while helping others. You call people in their stuff. You are a leader and have many solid tools in your toolbox that you share with everyone. You are living a valid life!!!

You seem like a really dedicated, caring teacher.
I need to grow that bit more personally so I can create a safe emotional space for my self, which will mean that I can create a safe space for my students. That's what I am dedicated to now.

I'm glad to know that there are teachers out there like you.
Thank you it's tough profession in Australia, but there are many good teachers out there, they are just swamped by workload. The workload is ridiculous.

I'm a little bit late to the party... I haven't been active here in a while. I was off being busy in other parts of my life. Your name and your advice would come back to me at key moments. I think of you as being a really insightful person. You had influence on me learning how to compartmentalize a little bit better. Be a little bit better at separating out feelings from facts.

Thank you.

I'm a little bit late to the party... I haven't been active here in a while. I was off being busy in other parts of my life.
That's great that you have been busy off in other parts of your life! That's great!

Your name and your advice would come back to me at key moments. I think of you as being a really insightful person. You had influence on me learning how to compartmentalize a little bit better.
That's great to read.

Be a little bit better at separating out feelings from facts.
It's quite the skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back