• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Lays Ahead? Heart Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up on what has happened Nicole. Very glad you were properly diagnosed and have been fixed. Well done for getting through all that!

I am sure it will take a little time to heal properly.

If you feel like answering at some point: I am assuming they did not feel it was necessary to fix the prolapsed valve.

Wishing you a speedy and painless recovery. Take care.

Thinking of you Nicolette
232323232fp63248vq6932.jpg

Wow - they don't hang around in Australia do they? :wideeyed:
This was my choice Toria and I have private health insurance which permits it; those without it in the public system could face a long wait based on hospital loads and the deemed 'urgency' of the surgery. Mind you they don't mess around with heart problems from what I have seen.

I will say also that I was lucky as the first cardiologist I saw wasn't as 'well known' so I was able to get in to see him rather quickly. The cardiologist my doctor wanted me to see is very well known and the first appointment I could get with him was the day after having surgery - 5 weeks from when it first happened.

Very glad you were properly diagnosed and have been fixed.
Actually the diagnosis and what they discovered in surgery were slightly different. I was diagnosed with SVT by two cardiologists prior to surgery but they found I had atrial tachycardia when they operated.

I am assuming they did not feel it was necessary to fix the prolapsed valve.
My valves were fine - I didn't have a prolapsed one.

Just breathing and moving around hurts this morning.... I would have thought it would improve more quickly but again because you can't see anything I too forget I had major surgery even thought it wasn't too visually invasive.

Just a note about getting active too quickly and not giving your body a rest, because your surgery was a traumatic procedure for it. My husband had chemotherapy 24/7. He would walk around the hospital corridor and said he felt fine. He came home on a Friday, on Sunday he decided, with my sister, to move a refrigerator for my grandmother. I was so angry.

Monday he couldn't get up. When I found him still in bed after 1 in the afternoon, and felt his face, I took his temperature. It was around 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Back to the hospital for over three hours of IV fluid. The oncologist told him, if he wasn't going to behave, he would put him right back in the hospital. He took it easy after that.

So take care of yourself. I know it's frustrating but it is so important not to overdo things, and sometimes even little things can be overdoing it.

Went to the GP today as per my post operative guide. All seems good :) . The doctor said it can take up to 8 weeks to find out if it was successful.

Back to see the cardiologist on the 16th.

Still feeling tired and it hurts to hang my leg when at the computer so trying to rest it on my foot massager.

Nicolette,

I wish I had something more amusing to write here to entertain you. I guess I could, until Hurricane Sandy makes landfall here in a few hours, go around randomly "reporting" various posts with very odd explanations just to keep you too occupied to think about your leg. JK LOL! :) :roflmao:

Anyway, I know it is most difficult to see on a daily basis, but I see your improvement with each post you write. And that is fabulous.

So what will indicate that you are all healed up?...You appearing to be a heartless administrator? :P ;) JUST MESSING WITH YOU! :) :banghead:

Keep moderating your activities, especially when you start to not notice the pain as much, because you want the surgery to be a success and the success to last a long time. <3 :hug:

I would share some flowers with you too, but they are not sterile...plus you have to spend energy watering them! :rolleyes: :whistling:

Healing Hugs,
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back