• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Lays Ahead? Heart Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicolette you are in my prayers if that is ok. I am not religous but spritual. I really hope this does not turn into anything serious. Please take extra speicial care of you. Big hugs.
2 cute bears hugging.PNG

I'm so tired.... Status update is I have to have more tests to confirm my arteries are clear so I can try taking a different type of medication as I'm still getting pain and palpitations with my heart on the one I'm on - just more subtle with a lower heart rate.

Other tests are to confirm which one of two electrical faults/problems it is (AF or SVT) and then surgery to correct whichever it is.

If it is SVT the success rate is very good; if AF the results are not always as good as it involves multiple areas of electrical current whereas SVT is only one. Most doctors have been leaning towards AF but they need to run a 24 hour test to be able to correctly diagnose as they currently only have snap shots.

First lot of tests start next Wednesday at this stage. After a diagnosis surgery could be as quick as a couple of weeks later.

Thinking of you. It sounds like you have quite the medical team working with you. Everything is moving so fast. The good side to this is that you do not suffer as much suspense. I hate suspense. Especially when you are not feeling good. I am glad that you are being well taken care of and thank you for updating us on what is going on with you. I am with you in spirit. I hope that you do not have too many tests to do. Please take gentle care of you. I am so glad you have support for what you are going through. Big hugs.

Take it all one step at a time Nicolette, deal with each step as it comes up.

Now you will have to learn to slow down and quickly. Taking care and doing what you are told for a while. Once it is sorted then you can get back up to a faster pace, but not as fast as what you have been going at.

Time to slow down and smell the roses, the cut grass, the coffee, the ice cream, the fresh cooked donuts and all the other good things you have rushed passed. :hug: :hug:

Nicolette,

I am glad the cardiologist could figure out what was wrong, but at the same time sad that you are looking at surgery.

Amethist gave you great advice, but I also understand how difficult it is to slow down, especially when a person's whole life has been doing things. It is not easy when you have a husband, kids, a business, and everything else. I really hope you do take the advice though as it will be critical when you go through the surgery and to maintain your health.

(((Hugs)))

Deb

Dear Nicolette,

I'm so glad they are taking the time to make a correct diagnosis. This must be quite scary for you but I'm so pleased you are not alone, that you have Anthony.

I hope all the tests go OK and that if you need surgery it is scheduled very quickly so things can start to improve.

Love and hugs,:hug:

Cath
3810496423_da6bb59a07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back