• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Whatcha doooooooin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished paying a bunch of bills. UGH! I have a question about one that I didn't pay, so I will have to pay it on Monday. I was listening to FoxNews. Then the infomercial came on about real estate, which I have no interest in, so it is now quiet in my home. I'm bored now. My client is not home now, which makes me happy. She needs to get out more to see and experience new things and get some fresh air

Would you believe I am swinging from the chandelier like a monkey? well, I am sorry to disappoint, my life is quite dull I'm afraid. I am realizing that I have been lying in bed all night and have not had one wink of sleep so I decided to get up and see if anyone else was also awake this morning. Just browsing the site (to say I am "lurking" sounds somewhat evil to my mind), and trying to catch up with everyone.

Reluctantly set up a zoom account thingy and tested the cam and mic. I do NOT like being on camera, be it still or video, at all, and really don't like hearing my deep south sounding self talk. It's deeply rooted in past behaviors/events and such - as well as a whole lot of lingering self-esteem issues.

However, in these times of having so many things offered online now that I'd typically be intrigued enough to attend in person, it seems a damn good idea to go ahead and face that really uncomfortable hurdle and give it a try.

Bonus points for not being exposed to the fragrances/marinated scent options of others that keeps me ill for days. Yay! That's the main thing that helps me be enthusiastic about the whole thing. A guaranteed scent-free experience. Hot damn!

I just know I'm going to love it and actually benefit from making healthy connections from afar, albeit in the same zip code. I'll keep telling myself that until I believe it. lol Fingers crossed.

So sorry @Survivor3, flashbacks suck!!!! I usually take a walk to calm down after a flashback to give myself some time and space to think, cry, or whatever I need to do before dealing with people again. There is no shame in crying either my friend. I hope your day gets better and better.

Peace,
Lion

Just finished up a project of selecting 21 of our favorite photos from me taking my camera for a walk on our property and creating a desk calendar. Doing the same day printing option at al local CVS store that has a print shop thingy in it (and a current half-off sale that ends at midnight tonight - and curbside pick-up options) to share with family and friends for 2021.

It'll be pretty special to many of them since this has been their family homeplace for many generations. Been meaning to do that the last couple of years, but just now got around to making it a reality. Whoomp, there it is! Well, almost. 🤞 I ordered one at full price to make sure it's going to be what I have in mind first, then I'll order the rest for the 50% discount before the sale ends at midnight. Excited to see the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back