• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Who Else Is On Citalopram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, is anyone else here on citalopram? Just got put on a low dose (which we're upping incrementally over a month).

I guess what I'm wondering about is what kind of experiences you had with citalopram. I know you don't really notice a difference for at least a month though (and I'm on day 4). Anyone here on it and who doesn't necessarily have depression?

This is actually the first time I've ever been on an SSIR as a matter of fact. Just got my official diagnosis. So I dunno if SSIRs will work out either. What didn't work for you?

Welcome. I've been on it for a couple years now, 40 mg. I have Major Depression Disorder as well as PTSD. I've found it helps more than others, with fewer side effects. I've been on practically everything at one time or another. Every body is different, though. There's now a DNA test that can help determine which anti-depressant would work best on each individual. My psychiatrist said it's not too expensive and gave me a pamphlet about it Good luck!

What didn't work for you?

I dont know, just didnt help the depression. Im rather depressed 24/7, think of suicide daily, on the edge suicidal often. But it never eased any of that, slowed any of it, make any of it any of it any way better at all. Ive been on all SSRIs and none of them work for me.

Everyone is different so, I dunno, maybe they will work for you.

ETA: Actually the only thing thats helping to dumb down some of the intense suicidal thoughts is Seriqoel XR. Its the only med that has worked even a little bit and that includes Abilfy with Lexapro. Abilify is also an anti-psycotic so it can be compared to Seriquel XR.

The sexual sideffects sucked, it made me bonkers, I felt like eating people who came near me, and the withdrawal from coming off of it was horrific.

No SSRI is ever to cross my mouth...ever again. I've reacted to them all.....and then some. They work for some, and not for others. Just be careful.

The sexual sideffects sucked, it made me bonkers, I felt like eating people who came near me, and the withdrawal from coming off of it was horrific.

No SSRI is ever to cross my mouth...ever again. I've reacted to them all.....and then some. They work for some, and not for others. Just be careful.

If you don't mind me asking, what sexual side effects?

Heightened libido? I guess I wouldn't mind that by itself, only thing that sucks is that I'm a single guy and because my PTSD is SA related, it's kinda hard for me to deal with.

Have been on it for years. No problems... but have been fortunate about that. Also take Buspar for anxiety. Good combo for me right now. Hope you give it a chance... by week three you should be able to tell some kind of difference... let us know.

I took it for many years. It is the generic for Celexa. It helped a little, but my issues were far deeper than what Celexa was going to help with. Towards the end, it gave me restless legs. Everyone is different so give it a chance. No 2 people are the same. It may be just the thing you are looking for. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. Best wishes to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back