• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General 2yr Anniversary of Hubbys Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

jods

MyPTSD Pro
This weekend is the Oct long weekend & it was on the Sat of the long weekend that hubby had his accident 2yrs ago.

The actual date was the 1st but I think hubby thinks of the Saturday as the day of it.

So it will be an interesting weekend & following week. I haven't spoken to hubby about this weekend. We are having the girls over the weekend so I think that will keep him active.

I'm feeling a bit yuk because I know it is a hard day for hubby & I tend to remember some of the things that happen that day.
I just remember the feeling of helplessness the most & angry towards the guy. I don't feel like that now but its a sort of groundhog day that once a year just comes back for you to reflect on.

The 2nd is our 3rd Wedding anniversary so I will wait & see how he copes with the weekend to see if I will bother to arrange us going out to dinner.

What if you try to get him to focus on your wedding anniversary and the girls Jods?
I hope you both get through the weekend ok :thumbs-up

The 2nd is our 3rd Wedding anniversary so I will wait & see how he copes with the weekend to see if I will bother to arrange us going out to dinner.

Wishing you a wonderful 3rd Anniversary Jodee and Rob with many more to come :thumbs-up

Oh my Jodee I didn't realize your wedding anniversary and the anniversary of the accident were so very close together! That is indeed difficult. Interesting though that October 2 is your anniversary as that is Evie's birthday! We will definitely be thinking of you on that day, whilst we are having our party for Evie.

Do take care, I understand how difficult these anniversaries can be. I hope you are still able to derive some enjoyment out of the day. Happy anniversary to you both!

I'm thinking of both of you and hope you can both manage it okay.

I just wanted to add that you need to remember that this is your anniversary for his accident also. Allow yourself the same grief and self-care that Rob needs. It changed your life also.

*hugs*
bec

Ohh and Happy Anniversary!

Thanks everyone

Well hubby is having a rest right now as he took some sleeping tablets last night.
It was weird as I woke up this morning at the same time that the accident occurred (twilight theme music)

I haven't said anything to hubby as I'm sure he is having his own version of events going on in his head today & doesn't need me triggering anything.

I'm just going to keep an eye on the kids today so they don't annoy him with little things I can take care of for them.

The AFL grand final is on later so we will just probably watch that & see how the day goes.

I will make sure that I have my self reflection later on today. Zone out with some music & just be. Light some candles be thankful for what I have today & remember what has been lost. Not just from my family but the other family.

Kathy if I forget, please wish Evie a happy birthday on the 2nd from all of us.

Jods,

First-Happy Anniversary. Sometimes it's hard to remember the good stuff when other things are going on. But it is important to both of you.

When my anniversaries come around I ask my family to help keep me busy. It helps, but, unfortuantely it doesn't keep the mind from wondering where you wouldn't like it to go. Lots of love, hugs and being left alone when I need it I find are the best ways to get through a tough spot.

Sending hugs south to both of you!

Lisa

I gave hubby rule of the roost yesterday & just let him be & do things at his own pace.

Just going to get through the weekend & see how he is for our wedding anniversary Tues. If he isn't too trashed I will take my man out for a nice big steak!

We did go out for dinner, it was very romantic. Just Hubby,myself & Ayden, LOL!

He did get to have a nice steak & enjoyed it.
I also gave him a card & a little gift.

He was a bit embarrassed as we don't usually exchange gifts, just go out to dinner. He said he felt bad because he didn't get me anything. I reminded him of the concert I went to the previous week was my present in my eyes.

So all is good in our little world......for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back