• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Abilify and feeling sleepy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntrymom08466

Confident
The psych doc just added Abilify to my Effexor and I took it after I picked it up at 11 and I'm getting really sleepy now at 1:30 pm. Is that normal. It says it can, and the doc said maybe but at a low dose she didn't think it would. When I google it everyone talks about how it kept them up and cause insomnia. I don't know if I'm sleepy for some other reason.

@joeylittle She had told me if I get sleepy to take it at night, which I am now. But I'm noticing I'm more short-tempered with this. Have you had experience with this medication or has anyone else? I know on some meds they say to go up it helps. She told me at 8 days take 1/2 of .5 and then at 9th day take a whole pill if I didn't feel enough difference.

But I'm noticing I'm more short-tempered with this. Have you had experience with this medication or has anyone else?
I didn't - but you've been on it less than a week, is that right? It's good to keep track of what you're experiencing, but I wouldn't make any decisions about it until you've gotten through the introduction period. Try and jot down some notes about when (and how) you are experiencing the short-tempered-ness. And any other mood markers.
She told me at 8 days take 1/2 of .5 and then at 9th day take a whole pill if I didn't feel enough difference.
Those notes will be helpful for when you're at day 9.

@joeylittle thank you, I appreciate it. I don't say much, but I get on here and check out things some. You've always been helpful and informative. I just get so tired of this battle. Been on medication 18 years and that's probably not long compared to some, but I want to "get well" or as well as I can and reduce some of the medication some day. Hopefully anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back