Abusive husband passed away - feeling alone

overfished

New Here
I just posted on the intro page but wanted to also see if anyone else has been through what I am going through. My husband passed away 8 months ago, 3 weeks after I finally left him. I'm feeling extremely angry and grief stricken. I'm completely alone in this. And feel like no one understands my situation at all. Needing support, because I'm overwhelmed and not coping.

My husband was abusive too. He died in 2021 . It was very challenging and also a relief. I understand the guilt and also the anger. Please be self kind.

Thank you. I do feel guilty for leaving him, because 3 weeks after I left, he passed. I'm angry at myself and him. I don't know how to cope with this kind of grief.

I don’t think there is a way. It’s all compounded by more or different grief. For me it hits when I least expect and hits hard. I just try my best to get through it. I do take comfort in knowing that he is not around to hurt me. I’m in therapy and I journal and meditate and sometimes that helps. Lately my best coping is through walking with my dog and being with kind friends. So much love to you 💞

I don’t think there is a way. It’s all compounded by more or different grief. For me it hits when I least expect and hits hard. I just try my best to get through it. I do take comfort in knowing that he is not around to hurt me. I’m in therapy and I journal and meditate and sometimes that helps. Lately my best coping is through walking with my dog and being with kind friends. So much love to you 💞
Thank you. And sending love to you, too :)

I just posted on the intro page but wanted to also see if anyone else has been through what I am going through. My husband passed away 8 months ago, 3 weeks after I finally left him. I'm feeling extremely angry and grief stricken. I'm completely alone in this. And feel like no one understands my situation at all. Needing support, because I'm overwhelmed and not coping.

I can relate to how you are feeling. I just moved across the country after a year of grieving so many people I called family. It feels as if the world I once knew will never be the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back