• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Angry girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadence108

New Here
I feel like I have an angry teenage girl inside me. She's pissed about everything and wants to harm others. I won't say her name because she would hate it. How do I get her to calm down? Also she hates when I try to shut her down because she comes so rarely. Please someone reply as she is really furious.

I can't! My parents don't want me to. What should I do?
you are an adult. unless you are being held captive, exit your domicile and go to the hospitel in any manner which you can. deal with the fall out later. homicidal urges cannot be ignored, not along with your other concerns.

I think I have not been very clear. I'm not having homicidal urges. I am in control, I'm just scared because of this girl in my mind. I am absolutely never going to harm anyone.

What sorts of activities are you doing, or could you do, to keep yourself distracted and help with overall calming? This would also potentially help with the dissociation that you've described in your other thread.

How do I get her to calm down? Also she hates when I try to shut her down because she comes so rarely. Please someone reply as she is really furious.
@Cadence108 - I want to be very clear about a few things.

One: there's a good chance that the angry girl in your head is simply a part of you.
She's pissed about everything and wants to harm others.
I think I have not been very clear. I'm not having homicidal urges. I am in control, I'm just scared because of this girl in my mind. I am absolutely never going to harm anyone.
I'm glad you are in control.

And you're clearly having a difficult time right now. What do you do to distract yourself, when you feel your emotions are overwhelming you?

I have a very similar condition. It’s been exacerbated recently and I won’t say she wants to harm anyone but her behavior could be seen as harmful (to me/us). There’s a lot more to it than just that but I empathize. Parts work in therapy is my only suggestion. That and medication. It’s all that’s ever worked for me. Plus accepting her but that comes with its own problems . Hope you feel better. I spent my whole life with this .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back