• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Annual Goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer, either that or the end of the year arrives, and the site closes and goes away from everyone who uses it / is looking for help online by others who have PTSD.

YIKES!!!!!! THIS would be SOOO WRONG and I will do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING I can do! I don't mind AT ALL being a regular donor! I have found MUCH healing from receiving as well as giving, and CAN'T imagine my life without this Forum! I am PROUD to be a member!

Last edited by a moderator:
My sufferer has trust issues. The reason I say this is when I paid for premium member it came on our credit card as ptsdforum. My sufferer googled it and spent time looking for me....presumedly to see what I was writing.

I don't want to do anything behind her back. My question to Anthony is: Can you somehow change the name to something that won't google directly back to this forum? I do contribute to other causes, it's not the money my sufferer is concerned with. It's the tightrope over the lion cage thing I live with daily.

I do want to help you as much as your site has helped me. This is why I paid for the premium membership. I recognize and appreciate the additional forum features but my motivation was to help financially. I haven't hit the donate button for this reason. I'm thinking of setting up a separate bank account but there would be heck to pay if my sufferer found out.

Thank you for all you do.

Can you somehow change the name to something that won't google directly back to this forum?
I would think that if your sufferer has that level of paranoia sometimes, that it wouldn't matter what it said...anything could be cause to get upset. Is that true, do you think?

(My point is that, changing the name might not solve this particular kind of issue at all - but, I may be wrong...)

One easy way to avoid the problem would be to obtain a pre-paid credit card. There's no shared monthly statement to deal with, and you can have privacy without the complexity of opening a separate account. You can usually get these at gas stations, grocery stores, convenience stores, etc. (in the US)

Is there a way to attach an Amazon button to the website, so that every time you buy something from Amazon part of it goes to the forum? My Sanga does it, and a lot of bloggers use it. I'd imagine lots of us buy from Amazon.

buy something from Amazon part of it goes to the forum
Affiliate code is already running on this site when you click on a book or amazon link in a post. Everything Amazon here automatically adds the forums affiliate code. This is what covers our raffles.

I will be posting a raffle for the month of April in the coming days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back