• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone taken Cymbalta/ Duloxetine?

• Thread starter Deleted member 47099
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47099

My Dr has recommnded I try Cymbalta/ Duloxetine as an anti-depressant.

Anyone have experience with it?

Been on it for about 6 months, hard switching at first from zoloft, only 2nd one I'm on. Helped lowering chronic pain by 2 points or so, not sure how well it works, since I have problems identifying my mood until I'm well under water, and the I think I'm still treading on top. I was going to try a different one, but life interfered, I had too much going on to add something else to the mix. Also freaking covid and 2020 makes it hard for me to judge. Id say it's been about 4 months since I felt I was under/treading water.

I've heard it works great for a small percentage but my doc and I decided not to use it because it can mimic fibro....which kind of defeats the purpose of using it for fibro 😁

Fibro can make you really sensitive to med side effects - I always have to look up the "rare" ones because it never fails that at least one wil show up when I try a new med.

Cymbalta was my first antidepressant, and it worked extremely well for me. Some side effects, but for me they were tolerable. It was the foundation of my medications until around 4-ish years into it....and then it seemed to stop working. Turns out, that's the thing with Cymbalta - you will become too used to it, after a while. Loses efficacy. But - that 'awhile' is typically after 3-5 years.

Thank you for all the feedback. I spoke to my pdoc about it and started my first dose of Cymbalta today.

Fingers crossed it goes *relatively* smoothly.

Feeling a bit pukey so far, but I get that a lot so can't tell atm if it's a side-effect or not.

Not sure if I'm really expecting it to work or not (to alleviate this bout of depression). *shrug*

Wait and see I guess.

(One good thing about this depression is I have zero expectations or feelings about how things will go so I'm strangely relaxed about the outcome, which is rather unlike my usual self.)

I basically woke up the next day and felt like I had taken Acid. (Lsd).
Just now seeing this, but I had the exact same reaction. I wanted to leave work because everything in the world was so beautiful. I had no desire to follow any obligations. I even asked a colleague to smell the lotion on my arm because it seemed so amazing and intense (back-story, I can’t smell). Mid day, I became instantly sick. Extremely nauseous. Followed it up with falling asleep and then waking up to my friends asking me if I had taken LSD. My P-doc told me none of that was possible and that I had a placebo effect. That became a trigger of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back