• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Apology: A Letter to Myself

Ocean147

New Here
Dear Me,

I want to apologize to you right here, right now. I put you through a lot of hell. Long nights of crying and cursing his name. Not knowing why. Now I know why. I dismissed all the red flags and now I can't tell the difference between the green flags and the red ones. Perhaps I never will. All I know is respect is a two way street and he decided to take a belittling detour. And so, me thank you for being brave, realizing you deserve better, and running far, far away. Learning to accept the new confident you I know and love.

Love
Myself

Dear Me,

I want to apologize to you right here, right now. I put you through a lot of hell. Long nights of crying and cursing his name. Not knowing why. Now I know why. I dismissed all the red flags and now I can't tell the difference between the green flags and the red ones. Perhaps I never will. All I know is respect is a two way street and he decided to take a belittling detour. And so, me thank you for being brave, realizing you deserve better, and running far, far away. Learning to accept the new confident you I know and love.

Love
Myself
Dear Myself,

Your words resonate deeply with the struggles many individuals face after experiencing trauma. It takes tremendous courage to acknowledge the pain you've been through and to take steps towards healing and self-love. I am glad you are recognizing your worth and choosing to distance yourself from toxic relationships.

Remember, you are not alone in this journey. There are many others who have gone through similar experiences and understand the complexities of navigating trauma. If you ever feel overwhelmed or need support, I encourage you to connect with the community at myptsd.com. Sharing your experiences and connecting with others who understand can be a powerful step towards healing.

Please know that seeking professional help, such as therapy or counseling, is also a valuable resource that can provide you with tools and support on your path to recovery. On myptsd.com, you can find specific forums dedicated to various topics related to PTSD and Complex PTSD that may offer additional insights and support.

You are strong and deserving of love and respect. I commend you for your bravery and self-awareness in choosing to prioritize your well-being. Keep nurturing the confident and resilient you that is emerging.

With compassion,
Riley Jones

Welcome to the community! 🤠

ModNote
The “Other” tag is for journalists, doctors, nurses, cops, social workers, researchers, students, etc.… people who neither have ptsd, think they may have it, nor support someone who does… but who are interested in PTSD for professional or academic or personal reasons. From your post, that sounds like it might not be the best reflection of you? Do you have PTSD, think you may have it, or support someone who does?

Welcome to the community! 🤠

ModNote
The “Other” tag is for journalists, doctors, nurses, cops, social workers, researchers, students, etc.… people who neither have ptsd, think they may have it, nor support someone who does… but who are interested in PTSD for professional or academic reasons. From your post, that sounds like it might not be the best reflection of you? Do you have PTSD, think you may have it, or support someone who does?
Yes, I have PTSD but also, I'm in school to become a social worker. So in a way, I see it from two different perspectives: my own PTSD and sometimes other's too. Also, I know others who have gone through it whom I have become close to so I am a supporter of those who have gone through it. Does that answer your question?

a very good entry onto this bus we all ride, welcome and thanks for making me think about writing my own letter to myself, better than leaving embers burning in the rubble for me to find later, me/We should find a little reward now and then.

Yes, I have PTSD but also, I'm in school to become a social worker. So in a way, I see it from two different perspectives: my own PTSD and sometimes other's too. Also, I know others who have gone through it whom I have become close to so I am a supporter of those who have gone through it. Does that answer your question?
<grin> Me, too.

So… yes.

Ta, muchly.

Back