1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Blanket or not to blanket...

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by Florian7051, Apr 9, 2018.

1. SaharaSon

SaharaSon Well-Known Member

@Freida. Very well said, and I am in complete agreement. A lot of folks put people in a preconceived box when they have no f*cking idea what you have been through. Ignorance is bliss and apparently makes some morons all knowing. :D

scout86 and Freida like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. SaharaSon

SaharaSon Well-Known Member

@Florian7051 Your fellow combat buddies should have your back. It is a bit strange how they are reacting to your trauma. I have TMI from terrorism and other sh*t. My cranial plates are looser than they should be as a result. I'm being held together with duck tape and eImer's glue. I don't advertise all the stuff that is wrong with me to others except here. These guys can relate. You may want to play things close to the vest until you know how certain people in your world are going to react. :D

blackemerald1, scout86 and Freida like this.
  4. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

I am so sad about this -- there aren't even words. If it helps you aren't the first person I've heard this from -- and it breaks my heart every time.

Thanks! I'm really excited... As usual I do everything backwards -- got the dog first now doing the horses. I'm having a hard time connecting to new people so I'm hopeful this will get me out and about a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
    blackemerald1, scout86 and SaharaSon like this.
  5. Florian7051

Florian7051 Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have decided to not make a decision and really think this over before I do anything bold. I just got my welcome letter from the organization on Monday and my class date isn't until April of 2019 so I have plenty of time to think this over. As next year creeps up on me I will revisit this, but as for now it is creating too much undue anxiety and I don't need to put myself through this. I appreciate everyone weighing in on the conversation and helping me with your opinions (it has been most helpful). I have plenty of insight to chew on in the future and I'm sure I can make an evaluated decision when the time is right.

Friday, blackemerald1, Freida and 3 others like this.
  6. scout86

scout86 I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

It wouldn't surprise me if the service dog people have some insight into this too. I'll bet it's an issue for a lot of people,

7. Florian7051

I got invited to a private closed group on FB for accepted applicants and graduates to communicate; I should probably propose this question in the group and see what everyone has to say... what do you think?

8. scout86

scout86 I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

I think that would be a great idea. Both for the answers you might get and other people with the same question who haven't asked it.

(Did I mention it's nice to see you around again? :))

9. Florian7051

Thanks... it does feel good to be back and welcomed back by so many familiar faces.

10. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

yes, yes a thousand times yes. I didn't know anyone with a service dog and had a private trainer so I had to wing a lot of stuff. If you can get in the group now it may save you some of the issues I had...