• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Christians Unite!

I forgave my abuser by writing him a letter even though he had died before that time. I imagined he was in Heaven and God had forgiven him. Who knows... He may have repented.
i know that Jesus forgives sins and i feel close to Jesus right now ....i feel because i have become Christian that I should forgive her and everyone else that were part of what happened. and i wish to heal and get on with the rest of my life instead of living in the past all the time

i know that Jesus forgives sins and i feel close to Jesus right now ....i feel because i have become Christian that I should forgive her and everyone else that were part of what happened. and i wish to heal and get on with the rest of my life instead of living in the past all the time
Think of Jesus on the cross.
Jesus forgave the people who were killing Him. That speaks to me. Also, forgiving is a process. You work at it a little here and there until you feel relieved.

Sunday is Pentecost. Our church celebrates differently every year. We always wear red. The rest is up to our pastor. How do all of you celebrate Pentecost?

I just got home from church today. Our pastor centered around the comfort of God's Love for us, His children. I enjoyed his sermon a lot. I had my new friend with me and she was impressed too. Several passages from the Bible were included into his sermon. All were different aspects of Love. I learned some new things about Love, the Love of God, the Love of fellow Christians and even the love of one's self too. It does say to love one's neighbor as one's self.

I read something about Jesus writing in the sand, more important than the words was the gesture; he wrote twice, after the others spoke, they say possibly first for their details/ charges then 2nd because they themselves didn't follow their own laws (needed 2 witnesses, where was the guy?, etc). He recorded it the way they would in their own courts in the day, and to which they would recognize immediately. And that normally they wrote in the dust on the floor, but sand is shifting/ impermanent.

As Jesus will separate all of us as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, I highly doubt denomination will be on His mind at that time.
Agreed. Though sometimes I ask people their denomination too but really just to make conversation.

What do you understand, when you say to forgive? Is it not having any negative feelings to them?

Back