• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Coffee

@Teasel - you’ve brought back memories of Italian breakfast tv with that article. It was a recurring subject - along with it being the reason British people are constipated . I always want to get into the nitty gritty about this as it’s so fascinating. Why does Britain have the tea reputation over Asia? Certainly tea is a tradition but it was a novelty that took over from the coffee houses! And coffee is drunk in more quantity than tea. ( admittedly for years it was not very good coffee often but I think that too was a hangover fro rationing and then hard economic times in the 70s?).

Anyway- I’ve been craving a void cup of coffee all day 😂. I might relent and have a milky coffee for breakfast :).

I have asked people on my Facebook how they store coffee, plenty said in the fridge, others said no don’t put it in the fridge, use an airtight container in the dark.

These videos, suggest the freezer…

But in individual portions.

What does everyone here do?

Had a cup (1/3 a cup) of Honduras medium roast this morning. Felt unwell immediately. Mild vestibular migraine. Gutted.

The flavour was lovely and clean, not bitter, but nothing special either.

Am quite sad.

Oh, Also - I use coffee grounds on my garden. When dh was in the office he used to bring home the coffee waste from the office on the day he was coming home to put around our most slug vulnerable plants. It’s meant to be a slug deterrent. I’m not convinced it works - but it doesn’t harm.

Keurig pods, McDonald's coffee, better than our Tim Hortons No quality issues. However in my brewing days I did the freezer thing. Never had issues with that either as far as flavour goes.

since coffee is condemned by the Quran.
?!?

Ummmm… Are you sure you aren’t thinking Mormons, here? The LDS church quasi-bans (Word of Wisdom) coffee -technically “hot drinks” although hot chocolate etc. is allowed modernly- & smoking. Islam doesn’t. Coffee is not haram (forbidden). Hint: Most Turks? (Turkish coffee) are Muslim.

?!?

Ummmm… Are you sure you aren’t thinking Mormons, here? The LDS church quasi-bans (Word of Wisdom) coffee -technically “hot drinks” although hot chocolate etc. is allowed modernly- & smoking. Islam doesn’t. Coffee is not haram (forbidden). Hint: Most Turks? (Turkish coffee) are Muslim.
Caffeine is a stimulant so it's the same as pork for Muslims.

Back