• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emerg Services Confusion Over The Hate Of Police By Some Veterans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the data, there were 435 police shootings in [URL='https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...
92 people dead in 6 years? that's an average of 15.3 people per year. For Chicago not only is that not surprising but a lot lower than I expected. First, you can't say it's a "nationwide" problem and show statistics from the worst example area in the nation. It doesn't work like that. You need to show a diverse test sample. Second, there are 12,766 law enforcement officers employed in Chicago (in 2012 a median year from your date range). That still works out to be around 1/10th of a percent of law enforcement officers/yr involved in fatal shootings (even in Chicago) STILL THE SLIM MINORITY. Third, an interesting fun fact: Chicago has some of the strictest gun enforcement laws in the U.S.; conclusion gun control is not the problem.

Not to fan the flames, but why has Colin Kaepernick in particular pissed you off so much? I mean, I se...
In Ka-9's defense he said Kaepernick's actions isn't what pissed him off rather some jack ass in the military standing up for Kaepernick saying how cops were scumbags and he could do the job better (I'm paraphrasing here)...

Chicago has some of the strictest gun enforcement laws in the U.S.; conclusion gun control is not the problem.
Correct. Law enforcement policies/practices are the issue.

That article also states that the stats have gone down (in a good way) since 2010.

But the point remains - personally, I don't care how slim the margin is. There can and should be a different national standard for how our law enforcement relates to preserving human life. I'm only using that phrase specifically because of the success it created in Las Vegas, when that department officially adopted it as mattering to the way they did their jobs. There are two schools of thought, it seems: one, is shoot them before they shoot you (this applies no matter who opens fire first). The other is, keep yourself and the alleged perpetrator alive. There's nothing wrong with the second one, there are lots of things wrong with the first one.

The second one doesn't mean that there still won't be deaths in the enforcing of the law. But as a matter of policy, tactical policy - it would be a world I think we would all be safer in, including the police.

Correct. Law enforcement policies/practices are the issue.

That article also states that the stats...
My only point is that stats prove that MOST cops are doing the right thing. As far as reforms what reforms would you have? Departments are already starting to implement body cams for the protection of both the officer and the suspect. Dash cams have been in use for a while now, as well as tracking systems inside police cruisers. And when it comes to riot squads, less lethal measures have also been implemented for a while now, whether that be less lethal ammunition, tear gas, fire hoses, K9s, etc... I'm just curious what else you would have done?

Ka9
the guy really has touched your insecurity - that you feel the need to denigrate/criticize him, his...
Anarchy....I get you imagine a world without police, not sure how the hell that would work out considering the wolves will simply devour the sheep though? With this goofy society we created.... cops are simply a must are they not?

But there is no insecurity my friend, just disgust. I simply loathe those who criticize, but don't step up to fight the battles. If you for say, worked in a youth center, or homeless center (both of which I did)- then I'd give you absolute equal respects..... you'd be TRYING to solve the problems.

I've walked the walk. There are social problems, so right or wrong, I dug into the shit and sacraficed, and sacraficed. My career choice wasn't "I'm going to be a rich mother f*cker, and suit myself"..... it was "I'm gonna protect those who can't do so themselves". There is a factor 10 difference in that- I'd invite some one to dispute that though.... nurse- actor, firefighter- bank investor, cop- quarterback.

So when a spoiled asshole then attempts to grind our faces in the collective shit? I've earned the right to say....go f*ck yourself Colin. Come climb into the shit with me....or play football, because you are simply out for your own personal gain. His choice, but it limits his right to bitch.

Again...... what has he DONE for other's?

Last edited:
And those freedoms were paved by war

I always say Florian... there are only 3 souls. The sheep, the wolves, and the shepards. The sheep are just happy when their eating. Vietnam, Korea, WW2?. nations cease to exist without factor 1 scrafices. We'd survive without Tom Brady and the Kardashians I reckon.

And for those suggesting I'm insecure or defensive? We are on a PTSD forum unless I slipped onto the Perma-culture forums. Did I lose a partner or not? Did I lose many other things? Am I entitled to vent or rage, if an asshole quarterback wears socks that disrespect every fallen officer? A quarterback.... judging me and my "race"...are you f*cking kidding me lol?

How the hell would any of you who were victims of sexual assualt react if someone blamed you for passing out behind a dumpster? Or those molested by parents, if someone said, "hey calm the f*ck down, you could have told someone". Imagine if I sashayed about in my Free Brock Turner T-shirt?

Once again, it appears it's ok to judge the cops, victim or not, because ....we'll because?

Last edited:
Anarchy....I get you imagine a world without police, not sure how the hell that would work out considering the wolves wil simply devour the sheep.
how would people ever tie their own shoe laces?

you appear to be assuming that without state sector provision there would be NO provision... and that is demonstrably not the case.
The private sector in the united state already employs three to four times the number of people to provide security, investigation, recovery of goods, protecting property, cargoes, people etc than the state does

those people are filling all of the roles at the high middle and low ends that plain vanilla state sector policing does not (for whatever reason - can't, won't etc).

State sector policing is relatively recent in the English speaking world (it's mostly since the middle of the 19th century) so it is hardly an essential requirement for our civilization. and our advanced economy is more inspite of than because of state sector policing.

I linked two of the more important works from 20th century economics - pointing out that social (state sector) provision cannot calculate - that assertions that it is more rational than a market are incorrect

that it lacks the vital means (sources of knowledge) to coordinate its actions with societey's needs.

In fact state sector policing suffers from all of the criticisms that can be levelled at monopolies;
compared to freely competing private providers, state sector provision will always be disconnected from the needs of its customers
and it will (all else being equal) provide poorer quality and less quantity of goods/services at ever higher prices than freely competing providers would.

so; far from
the wolves wil simply devour the sheep.
the sheep are likely to be better protected and at lower cost - without state sector policing than they are with it.

Cops, nurses, fire, Military, teachers?....the country ceases to exist without factor 1 scrafices. We'd survive without Tom Brady and the Kardashians I reckon.

let's look at that;
I'm assuming that you mean state (ie coercively) funded?

why do you assume that people are not capable of selecting the services that they want in the quantities and qualities that they are willing to pay for?

when self evidently the are well capable - even when the state has extorted money from those people to pay for its pantomime thugs.

let's look at that;
I'm assuming that you mean state (ie coercively) funded?

why do you assume that pe...

Ok...there are multiple differences here. I'm not going to disagree with you if your saying there could be a better society, or better ways to do things?? - In that case we are way sympatico.

However, I'll just ask you outright then...... are police officers who died, or suffered gunshots or mental degradation, acting selflessly for others.....noble, or deserving of moral respect?? That's the question of this thread, well it was.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back