• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Constant trigger at home, don't know how to cope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby_

New Here
Hi there,
I could really use some advice about dealing with a current situation that's massively triggering me at home. I'm struggling a lot, and the lightening skies making daylight longer and the impending summer is really making me very anxious, I'm on edge the whole time. The trigger is a daytime thing to do with direct neighbours who I am not on good terms with. They are being noisy/rude but that's it, but it's triggered a massive constant anxiety about childhood stuff that caused a massive trauma. I didn't even know I had cptsd until last summer when a trigger caused it to explode. I've been having talk and cbt trauma focussed therapy for months but it feels like it's all just been a waste of time.
I really want to get over this and move on. Any tips or treatments that worked for you that would be worth me investigating. Many thanks, I'm really grateful for any responses

I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. I have also had trouble with neighbors and I agree it can be very triggering. I still avoid my neighbor as much as I can but one thing I did in therapy that helped was to really comb through how my neighbor was actually very different from the neighbor that traumatized me. I know that this intellectualizing doesn't always speak too well to the emotional side but it did take the edge of my fears about them. I remind myself like a mantra that while my neighbor is an obnoxious jerk, he is not a criminal and there is a difference between the two. Wish I had more to offer you, hope you are doing better soon.

Hi there,
I could really use some advice about dealing with a current situation that's massively triggering me at home. I'm struggling a lot, and the lightening skies making daylight longer and the impending summer is really making me very anxious, I'm on edge the whole time. The trigger is a daytime thing to do with direct neighbours who I am not on good terms with. They are being noisy/rude but that's it, but it's triggered a massive constant anxiety about childhood stuff that caused a massive trauma. I didn't even know I had cptsd until last summer when a trigger caused it to explode. I've been having talk and cbt trauma focussed therapy for months but it feels like it's all just been a waste of time.
I really want to get over this and move on. Any tips or treatments that worked for you that would be worth me investigating. Many thanks, I'm really grateful for any responses
Emdr helped me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back