• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dentist

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... an abscessed tooth can become septic (blood infection, very lethal) alarmingly fast. Meaning in hours. Also meaning that’s actually one of those “essential medical” appointments. Not necessarily with a dentist, but at the very least with a GP who can give you some powerful as f*ck antibiotics to either start taking now, and call 911 if/when/as soon as you spike a fever...or to keep on hand to start taking the moment you spike a fever...or whatever other steps/interventions they recommend.

Scary part out of the way?

Most people’s bodies are very very good at encapsulating those übernasty infections (hence they abscess)... and most abscesses can survive for weeks/months before they rupture and infect the surrounding tissue & poison your blood, infecting all of your other organs (sepsis). Most people’s immune systems can also hang tough for at least a few hours, so as long as you don’t ignore a sudden fever? You’ll probably be just fine.

But you really, really, reeeeeeally want to call your doctor and let them know your dentist says you have the worst abscess they’ve ever seen... and now the office is closed... so how do they recommend you proceed?

To leave on a slightly more uplifting note? :woot: My ex had a fairly normal tooth abscess, got it taken care of, and lost 40 pounds. In a week. :banghead: Aaaasrgh! Men! :hilarious: What had happened was that it had such a slooooooow intermittant leak that his lymph system / immune system had been in overdrive for most of the past year, but it was also keeping the infection in check. That beer gut he thought he had? And just couldn’t seem to work off at the gym? Was actually him retaining fluids in that big left side channel the lymphatic system uses In the abdomen. He spent more time in the bathroom than pregnant chick for the next week (every 20 minutes, aall day, every day... and then on the hour every hour at night)... And then walked away from the whole thing all sleek & svelte. :facepalm:

I DO understand the urge to put it off. One of my traumas is around having teeth be shattered, the fragments creating massive infection, and then emergency surgery on them without anesthetic in the field. I don’t do dentistry easily or well. So I really do get it. And it’s still worth calling your doc for their professional opinion/advice about what you should do, next.

What Friday said and...

Hey Osi, challenge ;) Three.

To meals so you can take meds on it easily,
To calling the doc & calling it in,
And to figuring why teeth ain't so bad to get care for.

As the original trauma sucks balls... maybe other things too... but can't stop you getting care now.

I mean we at that pirate thing, yes?
Pirates died of shit like no dental.
As a badass modern day pirate you gotta take care of that stuff, because your parrot told you to ;) Blame me at will, parrots are totes for that thing.

Calling the doc is totally just a holler at other ship ;) Yo doc, I got an infection, got meds, pretty pweeeease?

And to food because hey, it's hard to focus on either badass music or cussing righto way if one does only f*ck Food.

So: Badass Pirate Pride, Matey. Call the doc, eat up, med up ;)

Hey Osi, challenge ;) Three.

As if one challenge isn’t enough ;)

I mean we at that pirate thing, yes?
As a badass modern day pirate you gotta take care of that stuff, because your parrot told you to ;) Blame me at will, parrots are totes for that thing.

And to food because hey, it's hard to focus on either badass music or cussing righto way if one does only f*ck Food.

So: Badass Pirate Pride, Matey. Call the doc, eat up, med up ;)

Wow find a metaphor and just keep running with it eh? :roflmao:
Ok ok I get it. I will *try*. Will start with pharmacist ( you called them angels to hit up so blame yourself ;) ) and go from there.

Ookay ;) Them angels also do.

A++ initiative, fan of you reaching for help. Will break out the pompoms.

This parrot can ;)

Along with holding phones when calling is difficult (parrot on hold is pretty hilarious image spin on the whole 'on hold' line), holding message tablets & papers & anything with points people need be told if makes calls easier, cawing supportively that his pirate went for medical people instead of under the sand with leaving half full bottle of rum, repeating words muttered through infected teeth to make sure parrot understood well, bugger neighboring ships until someone notices the pirate slash buggering pirate until she notices the ships on horizon ! Rejoice & stea... eeh that would be illegal... tell them nicely you need 'er meds in better doses and...

Yeah and talking shit until the pirate laughs & rather does her things to pleease. Someone shut that creature up. For the love o' God Almighty. ... too :)

This parrot can ;)

cawing supportively that his pirate went for medical people instead of under the sand with leaving half full bottle of rum, repeating words muttered through infected teeth to make sure parrot understood well, bugger neighboring ships until someone notices the pirate slash buggering pirate until she notices the ships on horizon !

Yeah and talking shit until the pirate laughs & rather does her things to pleease. Someone shut that creature up. For the love o' God Almighty. ... too :)

Ro - I never realised just how much I wanted a parrot until now ;)
Thanks for making me laugh amidst all the shit and f*ck ups of the day.

I hate the dentist. I had to change surgeries because one of the dental nurses was a psychopath. It was like a horror film. F*ck that shit!.

The thing I hate most about going to the dentist is worrying how much fixing my teeth will cost me financially. I'm not made out of money.

I've been lucky when it comes to my dental health. I hope I stay lucky.

Might try sitting down - away from "the chair" and talk to the dentist/doctor alone. (in your case - even by phone) When I spoke to my dentist, I asked him to take me to another room so I could explain a little about my...paranoia of the dentist. He was very understanding and told me that he had never thought of things this way. He started to understand my condition and my feelings and now goes out of his way to help me feel more comfortable and less afraid of coming to his office.

I have a dentist appointment next week. I have to have a cap done, tooth is broken. I already had a check up so this is what was decided upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back