• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you ever get a sense of impending doom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is extremely common for those with CPTSD I’ve also had it pretty much lifelong to this day. I’m in my 60s no...

THanks, I needed a good laugh. Yes, I would likely have been the one to warn us even if it had just been a colony of ants!LOL...

I think I know exactly what you are talking about @SpiritSong and it's one of my more confusing symptoms. When it happens, there is no trigger at all. At least a few of the most memorable times that it has happened, I've just been laying in bed listening to music. It's like I've suddenly been hit with a wave of bad feelings. It's mostly terror but there might be a tinge of sadness or maybe a smaller wave of sadness will come in once the feeling of terror starts to pass. Without thinking about it, I used to look for a reason to explain it because it seemed like an emotion that strong had to have a thought behind it. After talking about it with a therepist, I started to think that reaction might actually make it last longer because then I'm adding to it by thinking about a bunch of things that I'm afraid of.

I have been having that sense for days now, again my world may be falling apart again, possibly having to end up homeless AGAIN. Tired of this.

I could never go to a shelter under any conditions, having been brutally gang-raped in one.[...
Oh! I am so very sorry that happened to you. How awful!!! When I was homeless, I lived in my car for awhile. Do you have a vehicle? Or a tent to sleep in? Also, when I was homeless, churches helped me out a lot. They will fill your gas tank for you, give you a bag of groceries, or help you out in so many ways. I wish you the best no matter what. I lived homeless for 3 years. It was one of the toughest times of my life. None the less, I learned a lot during that time. Thousands of folks gave me money too, to help me out. There is a lot of good in the world, just as there is evil. I pray you find the good in whatever happens to you.

It's an odd problem for me, I am on disability, but its not enough to pay for rent anywhere, I could only do it with a subsidy, and waiting lists exist on those programs where they exist, and the most destitute come first. So I would remain always at the end of the line as there will always be more destitute people.

If this happens, living in my car is all I can do, but that won't last, because that kind of life is not conducive when it comes to med compliance. Being Bi-polar with mixed features (I cycle fast, sometimes in an hour) it probably would not be long before I was either manic or very depressed. I suspect I could lose my car in the process so no car to sleep in.

Right now I am working with mobile crisis to get thru this. It is more than i can cope with without help.

Need to get this thread back on track, it was not about me or my situation when it started, I wish the thread to continue as it was.

The impending doom has intensified since I started to properly recover from the abuse. Somehow I find myself on a spinning ball of rock in radioactive space circling in towards an incomprehensible huge ball of nuclear fusion admits a big old gang of asteroids some capable of wiping out humanity and the seeming status quo is just to be okay with this accept it and carry on with life. I have just accepted being tortured. Looked past it for somewhere safe only to learn that according to the facts nowhere is. Why can't I be as calm about this as everyone else seems to be ?

I have pretty much always had this sense of impending doom, as well. It's not constant, but I will have entire days every so often where I can't shake the feeling that *something* bad is going to happen. I'm not sure exactly where it comes from for me. If I look back into my childhood, the first time I can remember feeling that sense of doom is in a recurring nightmare I had throughout my childhood. It is now present in my adult life on seemingly random occasions where it just sticks around for a while, and it is as if I am constantly trying to shake it off or push it away when it shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back