• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do You Have a Bucket List?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to look up paramotor because I wasn't sure what it was. How cool!
Doesn't it look amazing! The freedom you must feel and it seems like you can do it anywhere. I just love the idea and have been getting lost in watching youtube videos on the sport.

People with PTSD have trouble envisioning futures many times. I think this exercise could help me envision one. Maybe something to look forward to..."hope" like you say is a big one for me too @whiteraven

@whiteraven thanks for the encouragement, I find it hard to let myself dream...
I'd like to learn Yoruba
Lol, 4 books, it is a 4 part book series or separate projects? Either way that's amazing:)
I only wanting to write one prose book, a short one, looking at 120 pages maximum
Ah the other thing I didn't add is being able to go from a burpee straight into a push up handstand. The good thing is a used to be able to do these!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask what your Master's is in?
Sure, buckle up! :D
I’m a theologian, specializing in totally non-practical weird-ass dogmatic & mystical stuff (dogmatic + mystical ain’t as incompatible as it sounds). So, the thesis revolves around this 6th century Syrian mystic Pseudo-Dionysios Areopagita and his views on the divinization of human beings.

Yeaaahhh, I’ve had some regrets re the topic. Turned out I had to spend 6 months learning ancient Greek thought and Syriac Greek of antiquity. :rolleyes:

Sure, buckle up! :D
I’m a theologian, specializing in totally non-practical weird-ass dogmatic & mystical stuff (dogmatic + mystical ain’t as incompatible as it sounds). So, the thesis revolves around this 6th century Syrian mystic Pseudo-Dionysios Areopagita and his views on the divinization of human beings.

Yeaaahhh, I’ve had some regrets re the topic. Turned out I had to spend 6 months learning ancient Greek thought and Syriac Greek of antiquity. :rolleyes:

I love this, truly! :-) :-) :-)

Hey @NatBird!
I had a friend a long time ago who spoke Yoruba. Awesome that you want to learn!

I have no trouble dreaming; it's the follow-through I can't manage. Like with the books. Yes, there are 4 separate in 4 different genres. I am in the revision stage of a memoir (not part of the 4 LOL) - have to cut a bunch and I'm rewriting to change the focus. I guess that was a pretty good follow-through. I started a novel - am 8 chapters in and have applied for a grant so I can finish the rest.

The one I've been working on this past week is nonfiction (which was my Master's focus) and based on my great-grandfather's diary. I don't even like history and that is this book's focus. LOL It's been fun to research and to plan trips to do more, though.

Travel is really rough on me due to health conditions. I had one once when I was younger, and it was to travel around the world. Then the internet was invented and in a way I can check that one off my list because of it. So I am good now, I think.

Nothing wrong with that! I get what you mean about health issues. There are things I'd really like to do but just can't anymore. And I have to wear a CPAP at night, which means there are some things I can't do since there is no electricity. I'm really freaky about traveling with it, but my T has one too and travels internationally all the time, so I'm hoping he can help me with that.

only to find justice for myself and others

Any ideas for how you might do that?

What's stopping you?

I love languages...currently working on Arabic!
Mainly that I am dreadful at languages :hilarious:
In Italy I kept saying random things in (very poor) Spanish and in Spain I managed to use Italian words. I get freaked out - don’t think my brain works quick enough or in the right way for languages tbh.

Tried to learn Arabic as a teen and then in the sandpit. Didn’t go well :roflmao:

I really wanna learn British sign language. I know basics. I've done basic courses but I'd love to be fluent in it.

I wanna visit at least two countries in each continent. Excluding Antarctica. I've done Europe (but only western, I'd still like to visit eastern Europe) and South America (Brazil and Argentina). Been to USA and Ghana so I'm half way for those continents.

I also want a kid that's fully mine, through adoption most likely once these kids are grown.

I want to be good at music again. I like brass instruments best, but they're also the most annoying for neighbours :laugh: so maybe I'll need a house first instead of a flat.

Plus blahblah job training that I want.

Mainly that I am dreadful at languages :hilarious:
In Italy I kept saying random things in (very poor) Spanish and in Spain I managed to use Italian words. I get freaked out - don’t think my brain works quick enough or in the right way for languages tbh.

Tried to learn Arabic as a teen and then in the sandpit. Didn’t go well :roflmao:

Have you tried one of the language programs? I use Duolingo - it's pretty good for the standard languages. I also supplement that with online classes, books, etc. Doubt I will ever be able to speak Arabic, but I like that I can now recognize characters when I see something written. I have also been able to discern some parts of words. I went in with no real expectations, so haven't been disappointed.

I really wanna learn British sign language. I know basics. I've done basic courses but I'd love to be fluent in it.

I wanna visit at least two countries in each continent. Excluding Antarctica.

I am currently brushing up on my ASL. And I actually would love to go to Antarctica! And the Arctic Circle! :-) I was looking online at these really cool glass dome rooms in Finland, designed so you can watch the Aurora Borealis. Insanely expensive, but that is a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Not completely sure this is bucket list so much as a list of things I'd like. Anyways.

Have friends. And know that I do. As in trust that they are friends. Which would involve my having enough good enough experiences with them for me to have the trust. But also maybe involve me being better at recognising flashbacks for what they are. And having more self confidence too. Battling my demons better or something.

Be an artist. Don't much mind in what medium.

Earn enough to pay my way.

Get to go out dancing again (post current coronavirus problems) Live free from abuse.

Have my own place to live that I love.

Give back to others.

Live more, ie be less disabled by c-PTSD

Go on a pilgrimage. Not for religious reasons - for my own sense of achievement and exploration.

Have a loving relationship.

Learn finger picking on my ukelele

Drum in a Samba band Learn how to keep herbs alive

Make items of clothing

Nah.

Got life lists sure...
More like things to work on...

But not a 'before I die' one.
Because death just ain't that appealing an incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back