• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you have maladaptive daydreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally scared I have to give a presentation and I have to drive to Brisbane tonight and I am mega stressed about it and maladaptive daydreaming!

I had a major dose of this this afternoon. I am thinking it is just because it is a bad habit? I am not sure. There is some stressful stuff going on.

I have shingles
Scared for a friend's daugther.
Cut off my sister again.
B is really sick again.
I took a huge risk today. I don't know if that risk will pay off.
Papa Bear's dementia is really progressing.
I am scared that I have been too full on, passionate, and enthusiastic and I should have worked out the lay of the land before I got so involved.
I am scared of getting work tomorrow. I don't feel well enough.
I am scared of not getting work.
I am scared that I am not doing enough.
I am scared of doing too much.
One of my friend has just taken her Mother into her home, and I am concerned for her.

I am totally depleted and exhausted.

I am scared as I have to make a report of one of the schools that I went to - out and out discrimination of two students with disabilities and serious bullying of a child who was acting out trauma behaviours. If they work out it was me, I will have more trouble getting work. But they probably won't work out that it was me but I am scared. I have to report. I don't want to report.

I really feel like I don't have the energy to even talk to people.
I AM SO BURNT OUT!

I had a major dose of this this afternoon. I am thinking it is just because it is a bad habit? I am not sure. There is some stressful stuff going on.

I have shingles
Scared for a friend's daugther.
Cut off my sister again.
B is really sick again.
I took a huge risk today. I don't know if that risk will pay off.
Papa Bear's dementia is really progressing.
I am scared that I have been too full on, passionate, and enthusiastic and I should have worked out the lay of the land before I got so involved.
I am scared of getting work tomorrow. I don't feel well enough.
I am scared of not getting work.
I am scared that I am not doing enough.
I am scared of doing too much.
One of my friend has just taken her Mother into her home, and I am concerned for her.

I am totally depleted and exhausted.

I am scared as I have to make a report of one of the schools that I went to - out and out discrimination of two students with disabilities and serious bullying of a child who was acting out trauma behaviours. If they work out it was me, I will have more trouble getting work. But they probably won't work out that it was me but I am scared. I have to report. I don't want to report.

I really feel like I don't have the energy to even talk to people.
I AM SO BURNT OUT!

You are brave to report it and from what you've told me it sounds like the right thing to do. I pray that all is blessed with this and your work situation.

There are a lot of stressors right now and it's perfectly fine to feel anxious and stressed. I hear you on feeling burnt out but you're doing it and that's what's important.

I’ve found that stress triggers daydreaming for me, that it’s an escape hatch from real life. The problem is that when I go down that hatch, I don’t know when I’m going to come out!

You have a lot going on right now. :hug:

I’ve found that stress triggers daydreaming for me, that it’s an escape hatch from real life. The problem is that when I go down that hatch, I don’t know when I’m going to come out!

You have a lot going on right now. :hug:

Yes I do. I see this thing as a puzzle to br solved but that's probably not the right way to look at it. I'm thankful I did my stretches and eye exercises today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back