1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Does PTSD Influence Your Verbal Communication?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by NomadHeart, Sep 1, 2009.

Does PTSD Influence Your Verbal Communication?

1. Yes - Only when symptomatic

245 vote(s)
    89.4%
  2. Yes - But not enough to effect me

21 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  4. Never really noticed

7 vote(s)
    2.6%
    What a relief to find out IAM NOT CRAZY.I stutter a lot.Words are jumbled in my head,like they float around in myhead and I have to catch them. I repeat myself ALOT and this frustrates my husband.I do isolate because there is nothing I can do without making really big mistakes.I still cant believe that pchiatrists councelors and pastors do not GET IT.This is the number one illness in America.In my town I get accused of being drunk,on drugs or not having enough faith in GOD.It is like having modern day leprosy.I can barely find my way around my own home much less drive around town. I do not drinkalcohol,use drugs,or use my illness for bad irrisponsiblebehaviour. Its the irresponsible people thathave CAUSED my illness.Sometimes I feel so hopeless.PTSD is a nightmare.

Yes I totally understand you are not alone.

1. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  2. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight I'm a VIP Premium Member

Maybe this has to do with no sleep, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, migraine...but today I caught myself stuttering on my "s" sounds, just briefly...but twice today I probably to most unnoticeably, stuttered. Never has this happened to me but I've had a lot of firsts recently.

Last night from the same stuff I guess I was vomiting again. It must be linked. I looked at the food packaging from yesterday and it was fresh so I figure the vomiting must be associated with the extreme stress I have had lately. Makes me want to back off from opening my memories.

420kitty, Rain and notsurewheretoturn like this.
  3. Howzer

Howzer New Member

Wow. This was the last piece of the puzzle for me. Couldn’t figure out why I developed a stutter & speech problem like others described until I read this thread. It’s definitely my PTSD which has been flaring bad lately.

420kitty and MrMoonlight like this.
  4. CopperDeer

CopperDeer New Member

Yes, very much so. If I'm having an episode I have a hard time communicating what I need or what's wrong. I shut down and all I can say is "I don't know". It feels like my brain disconnects from my mouth.

Zoogal and notsurewheretoturn like this.
  5. user1234

user1234 New Member

For the past few years, I often find myself having a lot of difficulties both in speaking and writing.

I need to practice speaking my own language everyday. In order to do that, I need to get out of my room and be socialized. But it's hard. In fact, EVERYTHING seems to be very hard these days.

Show Sidebar