• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Easily Overwhelmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal PTSD...In my experience. Often at night when my son goes to bed, I like to have candles on..no music..just AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH quiet. I need that at the end of the day. Also...I found that sleeping with a mask over my eyes and a quiet fan (white noise) helps at night so I don't jump out of my skin if I hear anything.

Thank you for the comparison to having one's legs amputated and blaming yourself for not being able to walk....... that is exactly it, and yet 95% of the time I am beating myself up. Thank you for that new perspective. That's a gem I'm going to try to keep in the forefront of my mind when I'm in self-critical mode.

:D Bailey

It's hard to keep anything in my head when I'm in, well I'm always critisizing myself. I have blinders when it comes to seeing anything positive. I should say thanks to my folks and my teenage peers. Besides being made fun of by my parents and my younger sisters (get upset and they'd say 'get a sense of humor, it's just a joke'...well those jokes aren't funny when they are at your expense), I was tormented by my peers. From 6th grade on through when I graduated.

I was even beat up in a girl's locker room for a rumor someone started about me which followed me through high school. People say kids can be cruel and rub it off but sometiems it goes beyond that. Sometimes kids can really mess up other kids, I think especially if they have a weak support system at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back