• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Finally feel hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible Fire

MyPTSD Pro
My symptoms are less and I am doing better. I have been going to the gym for about 6 weeks or more. Today, I felt no anxiety while walking in to workout. And while at the gym a man came around a corner and it scared me, I jumped. Felt the fear/adrenaline flowing. There was a time that would ruin my day, cause flashbacks, anxiety and a feeling of hopelessness. Today I thought, this damn PTSD. I felt it and waited for it to pass reminding myself I’m safe and it’s a false alarm. I’ve done that a few times lately. Understanding it’s PTSD and not a reason to run and hide. I’ve known that for awhile but was still running and hiding. Letting it interfere with my day to day routines and my life and relationships. I am hopeful that I am taking my life back. Thanks for reading

My symptoms are less and I am doing better. I have been going to the gym for about 6 weeks or more. Today, I felt no anxiety while walking in to workout. And while at the gym a man came around a corner and it scared me, I jumped. Felt the fear/adrenaline flowing. There was a time that would ruin my day, cause flashbacks, anxiety and a feeling of hopelessness. Today I thought, this damn PTSD. I felt it and waited for it to pass reminding myself I’m safe and it’s a false alarm. I’ve done that a few times lately. Understanding it’s PTSD and not a reason to run and hide. I’ve known that for awhile but was still running and hiding. Letting it interfere with my day to day routines and my life and relationships. I am hopeful that I am taking my life back. Thanks for reading

This is HUGE! I am so proud of you. These are great strides that you are working out regularly, identifying your triggers, talking yourself through how to cope with your anxiety through each situation and being positive and acknowledging YOUR improvements. Keep up the GREAT work one day at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back