• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

For men only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panic attacks are no fun at all, I am sorry that you too experience those.

Tho I have to admit I am stuck in the 70's music, I could not live well without music. It has been a near-constant companion since I was old enough to sing. Sometimes if I am feeling shitty, a good tune can help pull me out of it, (but of course, that depends on how shitty I feel).

Do you have any hobbies? just curious. I am thinking of taking a class in Tai Chi.

Last edited:
Panic attacks are no fun at all, I am sorry that you too experience those.

Tho I have to admit I am stuck in the 70's music, I could not live well without music. It has been a near-constant companion since I was old enough to sing. Sometimes if I am feeling shitty, a good tune can help pull me out of it, (but of course, that depends on how shitty I feel).

Do you have any hobbies? just curious. I am thinking of taking a class in Tai Chi.
I used to do tai chi at college. Also I used to play guitar and drums but haven't in years. I think that's why I get so depressed. I really need new hobbies.

I'm just going to vent and brain dump some shit bcos I'm f*cked off.

I was attending a place for the long term unemployed. It was really good. They did various things like carpentry, horticulture, artistic and rural skills. It was also a place where they would encourage people to start their own business if they could. They also had CBT therapists on site.I'm not going to include various things at this point because it's to long.

the CBT therapists wouldn't leave me alone. I didn't want to speak to them. It would take me 2 hours to get there and I didn't want to be taken out of my group to talk about shit that would upset me. I just wanted to work and concentrate on working and my business idea. One of the therapists said she could see me in my home town outside of the place. I thought that was weird and to be honest at the time I thought she maybe fancied me. I still find it inappropriate that she said that because what was I to think? She phoned me once and said that if I contacted her then she wouldn't think "oh God it's my name"? When I said that id prefer not to see her on a particular day because I wanted to concentrate on the work, the next time I saw her I was outside with my carpentry tutor (he was one of the directors) she went and stood right next to him and just said my name.

It turns out she was in a relationship with him. To me, I interpreted that as "if you don't talk to me, then it's not going to work out for you here" basically forcing me to have CBT with her because she was f*cking my tutor. I got so angry I told her to f*ck off and sent her a text just having a go at her. She told the other clients there what had happened. She had no boundaries whatsoever. Divulging personal information about what had happened to the other people I was working with. I just couldn't handle it and I was so upset I just couldn't go in anymore. I had several good business ideas that were worth 10's of thousands of pounds and it ruined it because I didn't have support to do it anymore.

After I left I saw on.eBay people making and selling my business design that could only have come from there. So after I had to leave because of her they kept making my project. This was over a couple of years ago now but it still really upsets me. There's more but I'm not going to write it at the moment.

I still find it inappropriate that she said that because what was I to think?
it was incredibly inappropriate. the fact that she insinuated that you were required to complete therapy "or else" and of the combination of seeing your ideas elsewhere, would lead me to believe that this may very well have been what occurred. discussing your personal information and phoning you privately are all incredible breaches of privacy. it is regretful that this happened to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back