Happy Birthday to YOU!

DharmaGirl

MyPTSD Pro
my sister always had a birthday party, but I didn't.

This is horrible! You must have felt so bad every year. I had a friend who had 2 daughters. One (her favorite) got a huge summer birthday party at a park with hamburgers and hotdogs, cake and ice cream and presents. Her other daughter got a cake since her birthday was in January after Christmas. I pressured her to give the Jan. daughter a decent party, and she finally did for the girl's 7th birthday. She had a big party inside, which I bought a lot of the things for, and the girl was just glowing. It was so nice to see that poor child get a simple birthday party. I know parents have favorites, but it shouldn't be obvious. I'm sorry that happened to you.

ladee

MyPTSD Pro
Today is my birthday. I made it to 70. That sounds SO old. In a way, I'm embarrassed to do this. Birthdays were no big deal in my family. I do not remember having one celebration of being on this earth until I was a grown woman and my friends made a big deal out of it. I never knew how to act. It was always awkward for me.

But I am giving myself this gift of celebration this year. This past year has been the hardest of my life. At the beginning of the year, I wondered if I would make it this far. I did.

My body knows I've travelled a lot of miles but my mind is still young-ish!

So, happy birthday to me. A major milestone in this hard and yet 'worth it' life.