• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Happy Birthday to YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my sister always had a birthday party, but I didn't.

This is horrible! You must have felt so bad every year. I had a friend who had 2 daughters. One (her favorite) got a huge summer birthday party at a park with hamburgers and hotdogs, cake and ice cream and presents. Her other daughter got a cake since her birthday was in January after Christmas. I pressured her to give the Jan. daughter a decent party, and she finally did for the girl's 7th birthday. She had a big party inside, which I bought a lot of the things for, and the girl was just glowing. It was so nice to see that poor child get a simple birthday party. I know parents have favorites, but it shouldn't be obvious. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Today is my birthday. I made it to 70. That sounds SO old. In a way, I'm embarrassed to do this. Birthdays were no big deal in my family. I do not remember having one celebration of being on this earth until I was a grown woman and my friends made a big deal out of it. I never knew how to act. It was always awkward for me.

But I am giving myself this gift of celebration this year. This past year has been the hardest of my life. At the beginning of the year, I wondered if I would make it this far. I did.

My body knows I've travelled a lot of miles but my mind is still young-ish!

So, happy birthday to me. A major milestone in this hard and yet 'worth it' life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back