• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hello - PTSD Diagnosed by VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, in all my young time and I love how Anthony said only 34... I am only 29 (OK, a few times over) But the Howdy made me grin. I was born in Houston and grew up in Texas, never lived anywhere else. I have only met one person who ever says howdy LOL.

The bikes... Don't know how ya'll get back on. I wrecked a dirt bike and was supposed to not have kids. I was just being young and dumb and took it around a tree too fast to avoid a barbed wire fence. Fence was closer to tree than I thought and going too fast. The bars jacked up the belly and contents of womanhood inside pretty well; I was told never have a kid, now I have 4! Docs, idiots, gyns along with so many shrinks.

After that never could go solo or have. Always rode in the "bitch seat" when I got the nerve to do it again. Loved doing runs for charity. Last time I have ridden was a guy who was giving me a lift to work. He turned in front of a white sports car. I saw it, he did not. I was already coming off the bike. His turn made me lose balance and could not leap off like I tried, all I could do was stand. You know you have an angel looking over in that shit when the car seemed to just go through us. I beat the living dog shit out of him when the bike stopped...

Yes, sobering up is "just" a step of many to come. But every step gets you where you want to go a hell of a lot faster than running in place!

Riding is so freeing!! It's the closest thing to self-medicating I've ever come...

Warren and I both ride...our bikes are not new, but they get us where we're going and save us a ton of gas going to and from work. His is a Suzuki GS850G, mine is a Suzuki GS650GL (not tall enough for the 850; bikes back then weren't built for short people!!). And...they're paid for...LOL.

Our favorite thing to do is just take off on the bikes and see where we end up; Pennsylvania has some beautiful roads to ride on...

Got our motorcycle endorsements on the license a year ago August (2005). Went through the Motorcycle Safety Course (it's free in PA, but the waiting list is L-O-N-G) together and took the test at the end of the course. (Warren's gonna kill me for saying this, but...I'm gonna anyways...:biggrin: ) He was the best of the 11 riders in the class and he went first on the test. Got through the S-curve-in-the-box (I sucked at that one), then went on to the acceleration test. When he was supposed to brake, he locked up his brakes and the back end came out from under him, taking him down with it (even broke the clutch lever). Needless to say, he didn't get his license; he failed. But...I came out of it with flying colors! Now I like to tease him about it...

And yes, he finally got his license...so he's legal...

I wonder how many others here on the forum ride??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back